+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents requirements please help asap!

Tombell1997

Dec 4, 2020
I think it's stronger with the extra couple of months and the CRA declaration.

But don't feel my opinion matters or is appropriate - only you know other aspects of your file and history and application, some of which might be relevant and important.

Generally applications for applicants out-of-status and only just over the minimum 12 months residing together to be considered common law are going to get more scrutiny (for obvious reasons).

Want to strengthen your app? Get married. This removes from the discussion whether the technical requirement of 12 months residing together is met, and all of the joint residence / cohabitation information becomes evidence in support of the relationship.

I know some don't wish to and you can have your own reasons, of course.
Appreciate the help a lot , I hope her being out of status won't make them refuse the application

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I appreciate the input, maybe we'll await for 15 months then if that might help....or we ll hire a lawyer to help at 12 months mark if we can't wait
I'm not, of course, saying either that your file has anything wrong with it - again, don't know your case and only you do. Whether waiting an additional one, two, three, five months helps - hard to say, likely marginal for each individual additional month (comparing to say a couple residing together for several years).

These factors that tend to mean additional scrutiny - well, also can't say whether that means a long wait.

Lawyer or not, marriage or not, exactly when - things that are up to you and your partner.

rhuaynalaya

Sep 16, 2021
Mexico
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mexico
Thanks for the reply, one final thing

Here are the documents we ll have if we decide to wait 12 months

Joint bank account
Personal account with same address
Notarized letter from landlord
Letters mailed to addresses in both our names
Amazon delivery receipts
Pictures
Letter from friends and family
Cra address change and mailed letter from cra

P.s the one being sponsored is out of status, I know there's a public policy that let's us apply inland but are these documents sufficient?
I would add a social media proof of relationship