Documents required for WES ECA

girish979

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
India
Interview........
None
Hi,

The question is related to all the documents need for WES ECA.
I have Bachelors & Masters Degree from India. I want to know what all the documents that I should send to WES ECA.

for Masters I have (Degree Certificate + Grade sheet)
for 4 year Bachelor degree I have(Degree certificate + Consolidated marks sheet for 4 years + Marks sheet for each semester)

Do I need to send my 10th & 12th standard certificates also?
Can any one help me with the list of documents I need to send for assessment.

I am planning to apply for assessment. Is there any consultancy or service available in India(Bangalore/Hyderabad) to help only the assessment process?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can do this yourself without approaching a consultancy. Just follow these steps for a hassle-free experience with WES

1. Get a provisional assessment done for all your educational qualifications at this link http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

2. Based on the provisional assessment report, you can decide which qualifications are likely to be validated as equivalent to Canadian credentials and also at what level.

3. After this, you can take an informed decision to apply for ECA from WES. You need to apply for Document-by-Document evaluation and you can decide to do this for single/multiple qualifications.

4. Once you've created your WES profile online, received the reference number, you'll have to send them official transcripts (signed off by the concerned authority at your University and sealed & signed by the same authority) in a sealed envelope to WES Canada.

5. You can send multiple sealed covers corresponding to multiple qualifications INSIDE one master sealed cover so that you save on some courier expenses. Include your Degree certificate copies separately as well. DHL, FedEx are usually reliable and have efficient tracking methods. Do not forget to superscribe the outside envelope with your reference number so that the receiver at WES know that this belongs to your file.

6. Keep a track of the status changes on your WES account online to see if they want you to do something else. Otherwise, expect a response from them in 4-6 weeks.

All the best!

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
Send only Masters, mark sheet transcripts from the university is the document you need for sure. WES is not going to check your educational back ground they are going to do Canadian equivalency of your studies. As Master degree is your highest educational qualification and you need points for EE do the assessment for Masters only.
While opening/registering with WES select only Masters and pay the charges.

girish979

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
India
Interview........
None
Thank You Asivad Anac & VJ2015.

just one more question. is it mandatory for the envelope to be sealed & signed by university authority. What if my university doesn't do this?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
girish979 said:
Thank You Asivad Anac & VJ2015.

just one more question. is it mandatory for the envelope to be sealed & signed by university authority. What if my university doesn't do this?
Yes. If not, WES will reject the documents and ask for re-submission in the proper format.

girish979

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
India
Interview........
None
great.

I just found out that my university where I did Masters will send signed envelope.
Still have to check with University I did bachelors.

Will it be ok if I just send Masters, as VJ2015 said or will it make any difference while applying to express entry?

jamma_sow

Jun 16, 2015
I am planning to apply for ECA to WES. The documents required:

One copy of my degree ( i have only a bachelors degree)
One transcript

Is that all? Are multiple copies of anything needed? Is the WES academic record form required to be sent?

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamma_sow said:
I am planning to apply for ECA to WES. The documents required:

One copy of my degree ( i have only a bachelors degree)
One transcript

Is that all? Are multiple copies of anything needed? Is the WES academic record form required to be sent?

Thanks!
Read about required documents based on your country on the WES site ---> http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/index.asp

And No, you don't have to send WES academic record form to WES.

jamma_sow

Jun 16, 2015
I read the documents required link. The number of transcript copies is not mentioned. Is it just one each of Degree copy and transcript?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamma_sow said:
I read the documents required link. The number of transcript copies is not mentioned. Is it just one each of Degree copy and transcript?
Yes, one set of transcripts and one copy of degree certificate is enough. I asked you to read about it because of the country specific nature of proceedings.

Since you're from India, you have 2 options - Your University can directly send the sealed envelope containing transcripts to WES quoting your WES account number OR you receive those transcripts from your University in a sealed envelope and then put that sealed envelope into another bigger envelope, write your WES account number on that, address it to WES Canada and courier it to them.

Mar 19, 2017
Hello,
Can anyone please let me know whether should the photocopy of the degree certificate be attested or something? Or is it just photocopy I need to include.

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
rajeshreepowar said:
Hello,
Can anyone please let me know whether should the photocopy of the degree certificate be attested or something? Or is it just photocopy I need to include.
Yes it needs to be attested by your university, sealed in a university envelope, stamped across the flaps and sent to WES.

Aspiring CA

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeshreepowar said:
Hello,
Degree certificate copy is enough, no need to attest.

The transcript of records (grades), it should come from your school.

http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/requireddocuments/