+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents required for strong ties to my country and financial support

dmadaan

Oct 12, 2019
I am a M.S student in South Korea from India. I have to attend a conference in Vancouver in December 2019 connected to my current academics. I have the invitation letter from the conference organizers mentioning that I will present in the conference. Firstly, to confirm I should apply for the Bussiness temporary Resident Visa? Secondly, what should I provide in both of these documents: Proof of means of strong ties to the country to return (South Korea) and Proof of means of Financial support:
1. Since I am from India and currently studying in South Korea, the only document I have is the certificate of enrollment from the South Korean university. I am in my first semester so I don't have any transcripts currently. As I am not in India and just a student here, I don't have any stocks, shares or poperty here in South Korea to add to it. Would the certificate of enrollment be enough? If not what other documents should I include to strengthen my ties to the country and justify my return?
2. I would be funded by my university for the conference. So what all documents should I attach to justify the financial support? Should it be the bank statements from the university? Since I am a student who has got scholarship in South Korea and gets a stipend for research every month, should I attack my bank statements or do I also need to provide my parents as a financial supporter for the conference? How much sufficient bank balance is required in my account in the later case?

Reactions: STEP_HEN

STEP_HEN

Oct 14, 2019
Can someone help us, my case is also like that, am Ed D student in Philippines, and am to attend conference in Manitiba University, I did my biometric since July and my status still saying still in progress what should I do my conference is October 29 till Nov 2,any hope on releasing the visa

Oct 16, 2019
Guys im in a similar situation as well. My wife is going to study in Canada , I want to accompany her as a visitor. Im residing in China as a student and Iam an Indian national ,I reckon certificate of enrollment along with the return ticket should be sufficient enough. However ive posted a similar thread waiting for response, if I have any response ill let you know.