+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents required for SIN

Apr 2, 2018
Hi,

I am an Indian and would be landing in Canada with my COPR.

Could you please let me know if I require my birth certificate to obtain SIN?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport with approved Work visa - that is for temporary SIN
and for PR - passport and COPR and if you apply much later then your PR card.

Reactions: immiNovaScotia

cuteJ

Feb 21, 2018
Hi,
I have a question related to SIN issuance. How do you get SIN when applying for it in-person? Is it provided online or at the same time at Service Canada office?

Snipping

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hi,
I have a question related to SIN issuance. How do you get SIN when applying for it in-person? Is it provided online or at the same time at Service Canada office?
When you go to the Service Canada office, you will, upon completion of the process, receive a document with your SIN on it, and the actual SIN card will arrive in the mail within a month.

cuteJ

Feb 21, 2018
When you go to the Service Canada office, you will, upon completion of the process, receive a document with your SIN on it, and the actual SIN card will arrive in the mail within a month.
Thank you so much for the info. It really helped me clear my doubts.

sg84

Aug 28, 2017
Hi All,
I hv a query
My wife is a primary applicant and I m dependent applicatnt
We did soft landing in Canada in may 2018 from USA via road. We didn't apply for SIN that time.
PR card was delivered to our friend place in canada and we hv received it in USA through our friend .

My query is , if I go to Canada first with PR CARD , can I apply for SIN nbr without primary applicant ?
Or primary applicant presence is required ?

Snipping

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hi All,
I hv a query
My wife is a primary applicant and I m dependent applicatnt
We did soft landing in Canada in may 2018 from USA via road. We didn't apply for SIN that time.
PR card was delivered to our friend place in canada and we hv received it in USA through our friend .

My query is , if I go to Canada first with PR CARD , can I apply for SIN nbr without primary applicant ?
Or primary applicant presence is required ?
You should be able to apply for a SIN individually and irrespective of whether the primary applicant is present.

sg84

Aug 28, 2017
You should be able to apply for a SIN individually and irrespective of whether the primary applicant is present.
Thanks for ur quick response. After getting SIN number , Do I need to apply for any other document , for which primamry applicant presence is required ?