Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello experts, need some advice.

I am raising a TRV for my mother who lives in India. I am a PR here and will be inviting her and bearing all cost of her travel and stay. In the required documents section, I have to upload "Proof of Means of Financial Support". What should be considered as a valid proof of her finance?
1. Bank statement (last 4 months): How much money does she needs to show in her bank account? She is planning to visit for a month and a half.
2. Bank Fixed Deposits/Post Office securities can be considered as a proof ?

In addition I will be uploading my financial health as "Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter" and will be mentioning in the Invitation Letter that I will be bearing all cost of her visit here.

Regards,
Souvik

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Also, just wondering how much money do I need to show(CANADIAN PR) as "Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter" ,for my parents(my father has a job back home).

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Do i need to submit both chequings and savings bank statements or just savings is fine for "Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter"

Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
10 lacs would be way sufficient in bank account. Minimum is 5lac to go for.

Bank fixed deposit also work as proof
Thanks a lot @jain12 . Also should I have to write a letter for "Proof of Means of Financial Support" and add the scanned copy of the Bank statement and FD certificate? If so, do you have any link to a sample letter.

jain12

Oct 16, 2015
No. It is nt mandatory to write a support letter. I did not write it.

Please put your mother bank account statement/It return or bank FD under Financial support. Put YOUR t4, Employment letter under Letter of invitation along with letter.

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
I had lots of money from my chequings to be transferred to savings recently for the visa purpose.
Will that be a red flag as i ll soon be filing for the application.

Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
I had lots of money from my chequings to be transferred to savings recently for the visa purpose.
Will that be a red flag as i ll soon be filing for the application.
No. It doesn't really matters for Checking an Savings. Once you have the amount in your account that is in your name, you should be good.

Akshi_Goswami

Dec 12, 2019
Also my parents broke their FD’s recently.
Will that also be a concern.
Unfortunately, i wasnt aware if FD’s work as proof.

sudheer.167

Jan 5, 2022
Hello everyone,
I came to Canada in October 2021 on work permit. I am planning to bring my dependents (Wife_Kid) using the visitor visa. As per the IRCC portal ,the proof for financial resources for dependents is asking for my 4 months of bank statement in Canada. I took the new bank account at the end of October 2021 and so I do not have the 4 months of statement as IRCC is requesting, but have other proof like Offer of employment from the employer mentioning the yearly salary. Is it OK to submit the visitor visa application with just 2 months of bank statement as proof? Does it cause any rejections ?