+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents Required for OSAP Student Income verification of Foreign Income

sanuscorpion

Dec 10, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am filing my OSAP application and stuck at a place where I need to provide documents to verify my foreign income from India for 2018 as I recently moved here in May 2019. I talked to some people at my college and they said to submit an affidavit stating your income in 2018 and mentioning that the Financial year in India is different from here in Canada thus can't provide such documents from Jan 2018 to Dec 2018 required by OSAP. Please advise what documents did you or your friends submitted for OSAP and if that worked and what should I do in this case?
Note: I have all financial docs- Income Tax Return, Form 26as, Form 16 and letter from employer stating my salary in year 2018 with me from India.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am filing my OSAP application and stuck at a place where I need to provide documents to verify my foreign income from India for 2018 as I recently moved here in May 2019. I talked to some people at my college and they said to submit an affidavit stating your income in 2018 and mentioning that the Financial year in India is different from here in Canada thus can't provide such documents from Jan 2018 to Dec 2018 required by OSAP. Please advise what documents did you or your friends submitted for OSAP and if that worked and what should I do in this case?
Note: I have all financial docs- Income Tax Return, Form 26as, Form 16 and letter from employer stating my salary in year 2018 with me from India.
Submit document for the past 2 years in India and extrapolate out your yearly income from January to December.