23-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
Hi all,
I am planning to travel to Toronto in late December for around a month. After which, it will presumably take me at least 6-8 months to move permanently. So, my query is regarding the documents I need to carry with me during this trip. Needless to say that apart from a valid visa on the passport and the CoPR (obviously), I am planning to carry a proof of funds document in the form of a balance certificate from my bank. Can some one please suggest what else is a mandatory requirement?

Firstly, do I need to carry all the documents that I scanned and uploaded at the time of filing my express entry submission post ITA?
(I am a self employed person and so, my job experience file was 60 pages long, to be more clearer, do I need to carry it all?)

Secondly, I understand some of the documents like the birth certificates (scanned and uploaded at the time of filing) for my children and their medical and immunization records (not scanned and uploaded) are needed at the time of school admissions, which I don't need to do right now, so, do I still need to carry them during this visit?

Similarly, me and my wife do not intend to look for any jobs during this visit, so, shall we still carry our transcripts and educational certificates (scanned and uploaded at the time of filing) along?

Finally, can someone please share their experiences if they have had to show these documents at the time of first landing.

Many Thanks
Sahil

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
Hi there,

You can check the website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp
They explain in details what to bring.

But it is always better to be on the safe side so bring everything you think might be relevant, including proof of fund (for sure), medical records, birth/marriage certificates, driver's license, proof of employment...

Some of these documents will be helpful to settle down in Canada anyway.

Reactions: cadgijoe

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Hi all,
I am planning to travel to Toronto in late December for around a month. After which, it will presumably take me at least 6-8 months to move permanently. So, my query is regarding the documents I need to carry with me during this trip. Needless to say that apart from a valid visa on the passport and the CoPR (obviously), I am planning to carry a proof of funds document in the form of a balance certificate from my bank. Can some one please suggest what else is a mandatory requirement?

Firstly, do I need to carry all the documents that I scanned and uploaded at the time of filing my express entry submission post ITA?
(I am a self employed person and so, my job experience file was 60 pages long, to be more clearer, do I need to carry it all?)

Secondly, I understand some of the documents like the birth certificates (scanned and uploaded at the time of filing) for my children and their medical and immunization records (not scanned and uploaded) are needed at the time of school admissions, which I don't need to do right now, so, do I still need to carry them during this visit?

Similarly, me and my wife do not intend to look for any jobs during this visit, so, shall we still carry our transcripts and educational certificates (scanned and uploaded at the time of filing) along?

Finally, can someone please share their experiences if they have had to show these documents at the time of first landing.

Many Thanks
Sahil

In my case They just asked for passport and COPR...

Sometimes they can aak how much cash you are carrying.....

Reactions: sweethoney

Arod

May 15, 2017

If I'm doing a landing through an airport are the passport and the COPR the only documents I will need in order to board the plane? I'm from a non-visa exempt country, do I need a valid visa or will those two things work?

I've been looking for an answer on this but I'm still kind of confused. I don't want to buy the airplane tickets and then be told by the airline counter that I can't board the plane because I'm missing a document.

Kwt123

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hey guys,

Just did my landing. Arrived to Toronto yesterday. Everything went well until the immigration officer asked me for an address. I gave her my friend's address in Manitoba. She said she cant accept it because since I was nominated by the province of Ontario, I had to give her an address in Ontario, not another province. I didnt know that . So she marked something on the COPR and gave me a form called "Address notification - Permanent residence card" and asked me to fill it in once I have an address. It is marked on the form that, once filled in, it can be either faxed to the PR card processing center, OR i can contact the PR card call center and they provide a contact number, OR access the online address notification on the CIC website.
I decided to go for the last option (CIC wrbsite) but the link provided in the form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp) doesnt seem to have any place where I can provide my address for the PR card.

Can you please help.

Thanks a lot

Kwt123

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hey guys,

Just did my landing. Arrived to Toronto yesterday. Everything went well until the immigration officer asked me for an address. I gave her my friend's address in Manitoba. She said she cant accept it because since I was nominated by the province of Ontario, I had to give her an address in Ontario, not another province. I didnt know that . So she marked something on the COPR and gave me a form called "Address notification - Permanent residence card" and asked me to fill it in once I have an address. It is marked on the form that, once filled in, it can be either faxed to the PR card processing center, OR i can contact the PR card call center and they provide a contact number, OR access the online address notification on the CIC website.
I decided to go for the last option (CIC wrbsite) but the link provided in the form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp) doesnt seem to have any place where I can provide my address for the PR card.

Can you please help.

Thanks a lot
I forgot to mention that after what happened with the immigration officer at the airport, I've made some calls as soon as I reached the hotel, and managed to find a friend who lives in Ontario and who accepted that I use his address for my PR card.

sweethoney

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015

and what if we are carrying $6000 and proof of funds which I had uploaded to CIC? (which is equal to 15000 dollars) a bank letterhead

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
and what if we are carrying $6000 and proof of funds which I had uploaded to CIC? (which is equal to 15000 dollars) a bank letterhead
That's totally fine to carry the funds in cash. You just need to declare in the landing form that you're carrying over 10 000CA$.
Although they don't require you to bring all of it, they have the discretion to ask you for proof like recent bank statements or bank letters.

Reactions: sweethoney

sweethoney

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
That's totally fine to carry the funds in cash. You just need to declare in the landing form that you're carrying over 10 000CA$.
Although they don't require you to bring all of it, they have the discretion to ask you for proof like recent bank statements or bank letters.
no need for a declaration if funds are below than 10000$?

gr0271

Oct 18, 2018
Correct. No need if below 10 000CA$ (Not US$)...
It's a Yes/No question, "are you bringing currency and/or monetary instruments totaling CAN$10,000 or more."
Hi, I would like to know, if I transfer the money which is more than 10,000 CAD, after I do my soft landing, do I still need to declare at the time of landing?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi, I would like to know, if I transfer the money which is more than 10,000 CAD, after I do my soft landing, do I still need to declare at the time of landing?
If you're transferring money only after landing, then no, you don't need to declare as you're not carrying it with you.