+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

documents proving residence

ash001

Dec 2, 2013
In the citizenship application checklist....they did not mention to send documents proving residence for the 3 years in a 4 year period.

My question is..do we still need to send those documents like Notice of Assessments, leases, employment letters,T4 ,etc

Please advise on this

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't have any stamps in a passport then no . I did not got anywhere for 1095 days and never needed to send any proof of anything
I will however bring all notices of assessments to citizenship officer when I go for Test and interview to prove my stay including chronologically organized bills and pay stubs etc

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ash001 said:
In the citizenship application checklist....they did not mention to send documents proving residence for the 3 years in a 4 year period.

My question is..do we still need to send those documents like Notice of Assessments, leases, employment letters,T4 ,etc

Please advise on this
CIC does not need your residence document with application. Just fill up all the residence you lived in last 4 years from the date of application. If you lived in Canada more than 3 year and you can send 4 years T4/NOA as work document but if you lived 3 years in Canada then 3 years should be OK.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
CIC does not need your residence document with application. Just fill up all the residence you lived in last 4 years from the date of application. If you lived in Canada more than 3 year and you can send 4 years T4/NOA as work document but if you lived 3 years in Canada then 3 years should be OK.
There seems to be some confusion regarding whether to send the last 4 years Notice of Assessments because the Document checklist doesn't ask for it. So, is it a good idea to include them?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have last 4 year NOA? if so, you can all 4 years. The reason, most applicant attach 3 years documents as they only physically in Canada for 3 years out of 4 years (1 year most cases counts in home country)..

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raincouver said:
Can we submit CBSA and CBP (if we can get it ) records with application docs to CIC at the same time?
Yes, if you have handy why not? submit under additional documents. But don't mix up additional documents in primary required documents. As I said put a yellow note pad one stick with glue and write all additional documents list and place all in bottom of the package.. So CIC will not mix up with primary documents and if they are interested look on your additional they can do so once they verified their primary required documents...