+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOCUMENTS NEEDED AT THE PORT OF ENTRY FOR VISITORS

exclusive

Oct 10, 2008
I have a student VISA. My wife will join me after 7 days following me as a visitor on TRV.

What are the questions asked at the port of entry for visitors?
what documents she should have with her?

As she applied with me for VISA (virtually , no original documents I submitted at the embassy other than proof of marriage-that was enough.), and I am not yet in Canada I haven't have my study permit. It may not be possible for me to send that within such short time.

We applied together coz if she applied after my arrival she would need many documents from canada like my bank statement from canada, my student status letter of invitation from me.

So, My concern is that we dont have these documents coz we didnt need those. Now, as she will be traveling alone I need to know the questions she may be asked and doc she may have to show at the port of entry.

The documents she can have with her are

marraiage cerificate
my offer letter
my passport copy with student VISA
my letter of invitation issued from the CHC

Please advise me on the above issues. Someone who visited canada as a visitor or as a spouse of a student opinion may help us a lot.
I want to make sure that everything goes smoothly for my wife while entering canada.

PLZZZZ HELP PEOPLE

exclusive

Oct 10, 2008
Thanks a lot buddy.

Actually as my spouse She has 2 years Visitor VISA. does she need return ticket in this case? coz the airlines issue advance tickets only within one year. I heard from some friends that if the VISA is longer than one year at the time of entry return ticket is not needed.

what do u think?

exclusive

Oct 10, 2008
yes its multiple entry visitor VISA. did they check your return ticket?
coz one of my friend went to alberta this august with his wife. although she had return ticket but they didnt asked for that. I didnt heard about these in a row six month problem from him either.

bnan

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-2013
File Transfer...
06-2013
Med's Done....
04-2013
Hi Newbie,

Can I ask, how did it go for your wife at the port of entry? As I am planning to fly to meet my husband in Canada. I am a Malaysian and he is too. He has got a PR there. When I applied for the TRV it was for a holiday and I got a multiple one for 2 years use. I have entered before for a months stay and had no problems at all entering. However now I am planning to stay for a longer period. After reading about a lot of rejections it is just worrying me very much.

Appreciate your response. :-X