+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents like Degrees and Employment letters are REQUIRED?

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Hello All!

In family class sponsorship, where I'm sponsoring my spouse -- Does he has to attach all his educational certificates and employment letters from every place he has worked, with his application kit?

Just wanted to make sure, so that we should not miss out.

Thanks to all!

sourblush

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2010
AOR Received.
06-10-10
File Transfer...
15-09-2010
Interview........
13-12-10
Passport Req..
06-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-10
i have a question too. my husband completed his grade 12 and started with a 3-yr degree through correspondence..
he failed the exams due to some personal problems (his mom had cancer etc.)..and then didnt bother to write them again..so basically his number of years of education will be 12+3=15 correct? however, he has not graduated...should we attach his education proofs -- with failing grades etc.
he has been working ever since high school..he was involved in his family business first and then has been working..we have all proofs of his employment..
but what about the degree proofs? should the marksheets be attached as well?

djboinsk

Star Member
May 25, 2010
A Little Town In Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26 2010-Sent Out
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
LANDED..........
March 2011 !!! :):)
whiteeagle said:
Hello All!

In family class sponsorship, where I'm sponsoring my spouse -- Does he has to attach all his educational certificates and employment letters from every place he has worked, with his application kit?

Thanks to all!

As far as I know no you don't need to.

djboinsk

Star Member
May 25, 2010
A Little Town In Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26 2010-Sent Out
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
LANDED..........
March 2011 !!! :):)
sourblush said:
i have a question too. my husband completed his grade 12 and started with a 3-yr degree through correspondence..
he failed the exams due to some personal problems (his mom had cancer etc.)..and then didnt bother to write them again..so basically his number of years of education will be 12+3=15 correct? however, he has not graduated...should we attach his education proofs -- with failing grades etc.
he has been working ever since high school..he was involved in his family business first and then has been working..we have all proofs of his employment..
but what about the degree proofs? should the marksheets be attached as well?
I'd put 15. They don't ask for copies of degrees or cerificates so I would'nt bother with them.

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
djboinsk said:
As far as I know no you don't need to.
Thanks djboinsk!

One more question: Here in India they say that, they will send the original medical reports straight to CHC new delhi and give us only one paper stating we went through the medicals.

Is that paper alone as a proof of medical is right for me to attach as medicals done? or should I get the medical reports and send it by myself.
Coz I wonder what they the CHC do with my application when I still did not sent it across to CIC-M?

Your time and replies are highly appreciated!

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
whiteeagle said:
Thanks djboinsk!

One more question: Here in India they say that, they will send the original medical reports straight to CHC new delhi and give us only one paper stating we went through the medicals.

Is that paper alone as a proof of medical is right for me to attach as medicals done? or should I get the medical reports and send it by myself.
Coz I wonder what they the CHC do with my application when I still did not sent it across to CIC-M?

Your time and replies are highly appreciated!
You cant send in the medical report by urself nor do u get to see it...you just need to send 2nd page that the doctor gave u as a proof u underwent medical exams!

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
minku9 said:
You cant send in the medical report by urself nor do u get to see it...you just need to send 2nd page that the doctor gave u as a proof u underwent medical exams!
THIS IS CORRECT! In Trinidad, the Doctor has to drop it personally to the embassy and he can only tell u i think if something is wrong with the application! BTW i failed my urine test due to blood in my urine. I had to retake it.

The problem is, ladies beware, do not go for a urine test a few days before you periods, as blood will show up (as in my case!!!!) and you need to wait at least 3-4 days after your periods has completely finished before you are all clear to take it as well. So the best time is at least a week before and a week after i would think if you do not want to end up in a situation like me!

I never knew blood can appear a few days before an actual periods!

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
HoneyBird said:
THIS IS CORRECT! In Trinidad, the Doctor has to drop it personally to the embassy and he can only tell u i think if something is wrong with the application! BTW i failed my urine test due to blood in my urine. I had to retake it.

The problem is, ladies beware, do not go for a urine test a few days before you periods, as blood will show up (as in my case!!!!) and you need to wait at least 3-4 days after your periods has completely finished before you are all clear to take it as well. So the best time is at least a week before and a week after i would think if you do not want to end up in a situation like me!

I never knew blood can appear a few days before an actual periods!
Thanks for sharing the info honeybird!

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
whiteeagle said:
Hello All!

Thanks to all!
Depending on what region u are from , you might have to add copies of education records,.
Where i am from, i read you need certificate from elementary level, bugger right?? whereas in UK ,USA , Europe, nothing of this sort?

singhboi

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HEY WHITEEAGLE....

my visa processing office is new delhi..

and i have sent photocopies of all educational documents n work experience with the file...
my agent said they need photocopies its requirement...
and minku why u havent send educational documents with ur file????

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
kwabena kwabena said:
Depending on what region u are from , you might have to add copies of education records,.
Where i am from, i read you need certificate from elementary level, bugger right?? whereas in UK ,USA , Europe, nothing of this sort?
kwabena kwabena: Where do you think I can find this information written for me to have a look. That will help a lot, Please advice!
I'm being sponsored by my wife who is canadian citizen and our is an outisde canada immigration process.

Thanks!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
kwabena kwabena said:
I phoned CIC about this, because I don't think my Nigerian husband is going to be able to get his elementary school certificates!, and the worker asked her supervisor, who told me the school certificates are only needed for child applicants. They're not needed for spousal applicants.

whiteeagle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
canadianwoman said:
I phoned CIC about this, because I don't think my Nigerian husband is going to be able to get his elementary school certificates!, and the worker asked her supervisor, who told me the school certificates are only needed for child applicants. They're not needed for spousal applicants.
Thank you so much canadianwomen! It helps way lot.