+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents I need to carry for landing with COPR

mullum

Aug 29, 2016
Hi:)
I've received COPR.
I'd like to know the documents I'll need to carry with me when I land in Canada. (Vancouver airport)
(I looked online but couldn't find the answer anywhere for the applicants for family class (spouse)
My Canadian husband sponsored me, I will be landing by myself. (no accompanying family with me)

According to CIC website

★Essential documents
To enter Canada, you will need to present the following:
• A Canadian immigrant visa (if applicable) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member traveling with you
• A valid passport or other travel document for each family member traveling with you
• Two (2) copies of a detailed list of all the personal or household items you are bringing with you
• Two (2) copies of a list of items that are arriving later and their money value

★Other documents you may need:
• Birth certificates or baptismal certificates
• Marriage certificates
• Adoption, separation or divorce papers
• School records, diplomas or degrees for each family member traveling with you
• Letters of reference from former employers
• A list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience (for your résumé)
• Driver’s licence, including an International Driver’s Permit and a reference from your auto insurance company
• Photocopies of all essential and important documents, in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)

I understand that I'll need to carry the Essential documents on the list and Birth/Marriage certificate but

Do I need?;
school diplomas,
letters of reference from former employers,
a list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience
as well?

Is it necessary for applicants for family class?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
No when you land in Canada you will need your Corp they sent you and your passport. You will still need what ever documents you need to travel.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Depends to a minor extent on what country you are from (i.e. visa exempt or not - see here for which countries need visas and those that don't http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp).

Having said that, AIUI, the only difference to the documents you need would be whether or not you should also get an ETA (only applies to visa exempt countries).

So for example, what my wife will be taking when she does her landing next week (she is a Brit - so visa exempt, so ETA stuff applies):

* Passport (of course!)
* CoPR (make sure it is within the expiry date of course!)
* List of Goods accompanying (for CBSA)
* List of Goods to follow (or CBSA - if you have any to follow)
* ETA (no she shouldn't need one, but many airlines refuse boarding without)

You do NOT need all the other stuff you mentioned, you would already have provided that as part of your spousal sponsorship.