+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for Residency Obligation - PR Renewal

Rakaviya

Oct 6, 2018
Hi All

I got my PR in Aug 2019, but permanently moved to Canada in 2021 March. Have some doubts on the documents for Residency Obligation while renewing my PR

1. Employment records and paystubs
Can I get a letter from my L employer saying that I have been employed from 2021 to 2024. And regarding the paystubs am I required to submit all paystubs from 2021 to 2024 or can select few here and there

2. Bank statements
Same question as for paystubs, should I submit all my statements or 1 every quarter is fine ?

3. Notice if Tax Assessments
I have the notice of tax Assessments for 2021 and 2022. But for 2023 I have not yet received the the assessment because there is a delay on getting my updated rrsp contribution slips. So shall I submit my T4 instead for 2023. Or is it advisable to wait for another 3 more weeks to submit along with 2023 NOA

Finally, My PR is expiring in August 2024. So is it ok if I submit the renewal around April to wait for the tax documents or is it too late ? Since I am planning to travel in September and would need a PR card to return

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

I got my PR in Aug 2019, but permanently moved to Canada in 2021 March. Have some doubts on the documents for Residency Obligation while renewing my PR

Can I get a letter from my L employer saying that I have been employed from 2021 to 2024. And regarding the paystubs am I required to submit all paystubs from 2021 to 2024 or can select few here and there

2. Bank statements
Same question as for paystubs, should I submit all my statements or 1 every quarter is fine ?

I have the notice of tax Assessments for 2021 and 2022. But for 2023 I have not yet received the the assessment because there is a delay on getting my updated rrsp contribution slips. So shall I submit my T4 instead for 2023. Or is it advisable to wait for another 3 more weeks to submit along with 2023 NOA

Finally, My PR is expiring in August 2024. So is it ok if I submit the renewal around April to wait for the tax documents or is it too late ? Since I am planning to travel in September and would need a PR card to return
You can submit the renewal now if you want. As for the evidence, if you read the guide, it did not specify what evidence you can provide.

Rakaviya

Oct 6, 2018
You can submit the renewal now if you want. As for the evidence, if you read the guide, it did not specify what evidence you can provide.
Thanks for the reply , but the instruction guide gives the document list that we have to submit for Residency Obligation

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html#appendixA

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All

2. Bank statements

Read the instructions carefully. It says, I believe, to submit TWO pieces of evidence of residence. You don't need five years of statements etc. Submit a couple different docs (eg paystub, NOA, bank statement, whatever). Two of them.

in other words, follow the instructions.

Perin67

Jan 13, 2024
Thank you for being a source of inspiration and enlightenment through your knowledge....

Last edited: