+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for "Purpose of Travel" for visitor visa

sach0408

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
I am a PR in Canada and want my father to visit me here for some time. I am in the process of applying for the visitor visa for him. Please help me with the below mentioned issues.
  • What document should I provide under "Purpose of Travel" section? It says I can provide a flight ticket departing Canada, travel itinerary, proof of a medical appointment. Do I have to book a flight ticket in advance for applying for visa?
  • My mother passed away last year. In the Family Information (IMM5645) form, what should be the status of my mother? Should it be "Married-not physically present" as the status of my father is widower?
Thanks in advance. This forum has always been very helpful.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you don't need to book flight ticket in advance for applying for visa. Just take a screenshot of the travel itinerary.

Your mother is deceased.

sach0408

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
No, you don't need to book flight ticket in advance for applying for visa. Just take a screenshot of the travel itinerary.

Your mother is deceased.
Please let me know what screenshot should I attach. What should the screenshot include?

Muskan28

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Please let me know what screenshot should I attach. What should the screenshot include?
It is the same as when you buy a ticket online, but you don't need to go to the last step and pay for it. Just take a picture of the whole route like where and when is the departure city and destination and that is it, don't buy any tickets.

sach0408

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
It is the same as when you buy a ticket online, but you don't need to go to the last step and pay for it. Just take a picture of the whole route like where and when is the departure city and destination and that is it, don't buy any tickets.
Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: Muskan28

aliasgirl

Feb 28, 2021
I included a pdf of the website i used to get pricing for a ticket. I used air canada website to price out the trip and when it came to the end to pay (obviously I didn't pay, but it had a listing of dates, name, return flights) i just pdf -ed that and included it in that section. You can also take a snapshot of the page on computer and use that.

Reactions: Kathryn26

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a PR in Canada and want my father to visit me here for some time. I am in the process of applying for the visitor visa for him. Please help me with the below mentioned issues.
  • What document should I provide under "Purpose of Travel" section? It says I can provide a flight ticket departing Canada, travel itinerary, proof of a medical appointment. Do I have to book a flight ticket in advance for applying for visa?
  • My mother passed away last year. In the Family Information (IMM5645) form, what should be the status of my mother? Should it be "Married-not physically present" as the status of my father is widower?
Thanks in advance. This forum has always been very helpful.
What do you mean by some time?

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
Hi I am PR in Canada & I’m pregnant. I want my mother to come on visitor visa for my help & care. She already has visitor visa. My question is that do I need to apply eTA online & what other documents we need as purpose of travel(doctor’s note)??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi I am PR in Canada & I’m pregnant. I want my mother to come on visitor visa for my help & care. She already has visitor visa. My question is that do I need to apply eTA online & what other documents we need as purpose of travel(doctor’s note)??
IF you are PR then she can travel on her visitor visa. Just need your documents to prove you are PR.

Reactions: kaurpreet

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
IF you are PR then she can travel on her visitor visa. Just need your documents to prove you are PR.
Means I don’t need any authorization letter? Just documents needed to prove our relation & my status in Canada are enough right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Means I don’t need any authorization letter? Just documents needed to prove our relation & my status in Canada are enough right?
Correct, She doesn’t need an authorization letter but proof of your status and relationship. She needs her 3 day hotel quarantine booked at her place of landing and then an 11 day quarantine plan.

Reactions: kaurpreet