23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
Parents are applying for Visitor Visa
Dad owns a business in India, mom doesn't work
Most of their relatives in India with few exceptions
Both their kids (Me and my sibling) are here in Canada.

Wondering how we can make the visa officer believe that my parents have no intentions to overstay and would go back within 2-3 weeks.
What documents can we attach? Write a Letter maybe?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I had answered your questions about your dad's business registration in two previous threads.

As your dad's business is unregistered + no business bank account + no tax returns.... this effectively eliminates his business as a reason to return to Punjab.

1. Do your parents own property/land?

2. Have they traveled abroad earlier to countries requiring visas like the US/UK/Schengen area/Australia?

3. Do they live with dependent family members?

4. What is the purpose of their intended visit? For how long do they want to visit?

5. They must prove they have the finances/financial investments to afford the visit without borrowing from you/anyone else

Writing a letter to convince the visa officer that your parents will return to India won't help. Only hard evidence will work

Cheers

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
Hi Bryanna, I got business Registration part figured out

Hi,

I had answered your questions about your dad's business registration in two previous threads.

As your dad's business is unregistered + no business bank account + no tax returns.... this effectively eliminates his business as a reason to return to Punjab.
Got a self declaration of business Affidavit and a letter from the Business Registration Office stating why they can't register it and that he can legal operate his business without registration.... He has tax returns from last 5 consecutive years.

1. Do your parents own property/land?

Yes, he has property

2. Have they traveled abroad earlier to countries requiring visas like the US/UK/Schengen area/Australia?
Yes, but not in last 10 years

3. Do they live with dependent family members?
No, its just him and my mom (applying for visitors as well)

4. What is the purpose of their intended visit? For how long do they want to visit?
Purpose: Family Visit for 2-3 weeks max.

5. They must prove they have the finances/financial investments to afford the visit without borrowing from you/anyone else
Finances: not a problem

Writing a letter to convince the visa officer that your parents will return to India won't help. Only hard evidence will work
I believe writing a letter to support all of the above would do no harm if not good

Cheers

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
I am guess thats all (ones mentioned above), i can use to prove ties

avs189

Apr 18, 2017
Yes you can mention the same under Letter of Explanation which is optional document.

Provide your invitation letter and proof of relationship (voter id, domicile /birth certificate , ration card which lists all the family members)

You can mention they are happy to continue in the current Indian environment and adapting to the Canadian lifestyle ,environment etc isn't much suited for their liking.

You can even mention if they are under regular doctor visits for certain ailments etc to prove why they must return and continue their medication locally.