+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for humanitarian and compassionate grounds

Kattikam

Mar 20, 2018
I would be highly obliged if I am informed about the kinds and details of the documents that I should prepare and bring with me for humanitarian and compassionate grounds. I had to attend to my mother therefore I fell short of fulfilling my residency days obligation during the span of last five years. More or less my mother has been under the treatment of private doctors in India. Will the documents from the private doctors be valid?
Many thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I would be highly obliged if I am informed about the kinds and details of the documents that I should prepare and bring with me for humanitarian and compassionate grounds. I had to attend to my mother therefore I fell short of fulfilling my residency days obligation during the span of last five years. More or less my mother has been under the treatment of private doctors in India. Will the documents from the private doctors be valid?
Many thanks.
You will need to provide medical reports for your mother indicating the nature of care required, any hospital or doctor's notes that are relevant and some form of proof that there was nobody else available to provide appropriate care. Just simply choosing to stay is probably insufficient justification for the non-compliance with the residency obligation requirements.

Kattikam

Mar 20, 2018
You will need to provide medical reports for your mother indicating the nature of care required, any hospital or doctor's notes that are relevant and some form of proof that there was nobody else available to provide appropriate care. Just simply choosing to stay is probably insufficient justification for the non-compliance with the residency obligation requirements.
Thanks
Would some photographic or video evidence regarding the condition of the patient be relevant?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks
Would some photographic or video evidence regarding the condition of the patient be relevant?
Photos might be relevant but historically IRCC have rejected any form of video or audio media, including USB sticks and cd/dvd.

Kattikam

Mar 20, 2018
Photos might be relevant but historically IRCC have rejected any form of video or audio media, including USB sticks and cd/dvd.
Thanks so much. Do we have any information regarding these questions:

1. What kinds of photographs should be taken, whether lying in bed, or being examined by a doctor or being taken to a clinic?
2. Are the certificates from Ayurvedic doctors who have treated the patient accepted by the immigration authorities in Canada?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
The best thing is any copies of official medical records of your mother's treatment. Photos are probably not so useful.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The problem with pictures is they can be staged and don’t identify anything other than a group of people who may or may not be medical practitioners. If They were to accept them, they would expect pictures from the entire timeframe of the treatment, not just a few recent shots. As previously noted, they will want to see diagnosis, prognosis, treatment regimes, and other related documents.

Kattikam

Mar 20, 2018
The best thing is any copies of official medical records of your mother's treatment. Photos are probably not so useful.
We have in India the government hospitals and the doctors working therein and we also have the other doctors who have license from the govt. to practice i.e. the registered medical practitioners working privately. Will the record of treatment done by these private but govt. recognized doctors be treated as "official medical records" by the immigration officers?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Will the record of treatment done by these private but govt. recognized doctors be treated as "official medical records" by the immigration officers?
I can't speak for IRCC but I would imagine that they would be recognized as long as there is some semblance of officiality (i.e. the record is not just some simple hand scribbled note on a piece of plain paper)