+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents - Expiry date

Mar 20, 2018
Canada
Hi,
I am applying for spousal PR.
I am wondering, if my partner’s supporting documents are from a different country how long would they be considered valid?
They were produced and sent in September 2017 Translations were done in November 2017.
Also how long the translations would be valid for?
Should I redo the documents?
Or is less than 6 months still valid supporting documentation?

Thanks for your help guys.

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
The only documents that expire are police certificates, they're valid only for 3 months. The other ones should be fine, unless they ask you for "the most recent..." translations shouldn't expire..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The only documents that expire are police certificates, they're valid only for 3 months. The other ones should be fine, unless they ask you for "the most recent..." translations shouldn't expire..
Stop posting on old threads. It clogs up the main page.

Also, PCCs do NOT expire in 3 months. You've posted that a few times now and it is not correct.

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
I noticed you tend to be a little bit aggresive, in every post , to everyone, I think you should drop down a notch.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I noticed you tend to be a little bit aggresive, in every post , to everyone, I think you should drop down a notch.
I'm not being aggressive. It is common forum courtesy. Half of the main page is now filled with old threads that you dredged up. This has bumped new threads where people are actually looking for help right now out of sight.

Reactions: YVR123 and kcward7