Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Hi guys,

Has anyone sent an application as a dual citizen? I have two different citizenships. I plan to apply with my second nationality; that's the one I currently use. Should I still provide documents (passport/ID) from my first country of citizenship? That passport is now expired.

Should I send all the documents even though IRCC does not clarify or should I expect them to ask me to provide them later on?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Serge

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
SergeSD said:
Hi guys,

Has anyone sent an application as a dual citizen? I have two different citizenships. I plan to apply with my second nationality; that's the one I currently use. Should I still provide documents (passport/ID) from my first country of citizenship? That passport is now expired.

Should I send all the documents even though IRCC does not clarify or should I expect them to ask me to provide them later on?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Serge
Under Immigration History & Citizenship, you need to mention all the countries of citizenship and therefore, you might have to provide copies of all the passports held by you.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
no you don't have to provide documents for the second citizenship , however a PCC might be required if you lived in the second country above 6 months since you were 18

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
wskamel said:
no you don't have to provide documents for the second citizenship , however a PCC might be required if you lived in the second country above 6 months since you were 18
but will be asked what other cotizenships are held

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Listing all my citizenships is clear to me. That's no biggie. The hard part is collecting all the documents on time being away, which is why I ask in advance.

On another topic:
Do single applicants (application as an individual) need to provide birth certificates as well? Or is this requirement just for couples?

Thanks again!

guillefranco73

Oct 26, 2015
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SergeSD said:
Listing all my citizenships is clear to me. That's no biggie. The hard part is collecting all the documents on time being away, which is why I ask in advance.

On another topic:
Do single applicants (application as an individual) need to provide birth certificates as well? Or is this requirement just for couples?

Thanks again!
Try to find out which documents can your embassy/consulate provide. Another option, if you have a family member you can trust, make arrangements to create a legal document to allow that person o ask for your documents on your behalf.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
SergeSD said:

On another topic:

Thanks again!
The only birth certificates required are that of any children you have

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Thank you guys for the quick replies! You rock!