+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents at Port Of Entry? Help?

Sep 4, 2018
What documents will I have to provide at the Port Of Entry after I land in Canada?

I've read some people say that we should bring proof of funds with us and some people say it's not needed, do I need to bring proof of funds with me? If so, can I bring the proof of funds I used when I applied for my student visa 4 months ago or do I need a new one?

My last question is, I've already paid my university+housing fees, should I bring my bank payment ID with me?

Oh and I forgot to mention the housing fees also includes a meal plan and I'll be bringing around $2000 CAD in my pocket

Last edited:

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
What documents will I have to provide at the Port Of Entry after I land in Canada?

I've read some people say that we should bring proof of funds with us and some people say it's not needed, do I need to bring proof of funds with me? If so, can I bring the proof of funds I used when I applied for my student visa 4 months ago or do I need a new one?

My last question is, I've already paid my university+housing fees, should I bring my bank payment ID with me?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare-arrival.html

Reactions: dazedandconfuzed

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thanks for the reply, should I take an updated bank statement with me or can I take the one I used to apply for my student visa 4 months ago?
CBSA officer did not ask me for my financial document. Although I have everything prepared. CBSA only looked at the PoE letter and the visa in my passport. If you can get an updated statement just to be on the safe side. Be sure to have all those documents with you and not in your checked in baggage.

Btw, no need to bring a pen because there are pencils at Service Canada station that you can use to fill up your SIN application form.

Happy trip, mate, and have a safe travel!

Sep 4, 2018
CBSA officer did not ask me for my financial document. Although I have everything prepared. CBSA only looked at the PoE letter and the visa in my passport. If you can get an updated statement just to be on the safe side. Be sure to have all those documents with you and not in your checked in baggage.

Btw, no need to bring a pen because there are pencils at Service Canada station that you can use to fill up your SIN application form.

Happy trip, mate, and have a safe travel!
Do you think it would cause any problems if I brought the 4 month old bank statement? I'm also gonna bring my university tuition+housing+meal plan payment ID/receipts with me and I'll also have around $2000 CAD on me if that matters

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Do you think it would cause any problems if I brought the 4 month old bank statement? I'm also gonna bring my university tuition+housing+meal plan payment ID/receipts with me and I'll also have around $2000 CAD on me if that matters
Others may comment, but I don’t think you will have any problem at point of entry with regards to your finances.

Reactions: dazedandconfuzed