+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documenting My Process/Progress

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
are you waiting for IRCC to tell you get that done? Also, with COVID, these timelines are probably a mute point now. Cricket silence now and waiting since March 2019 when biometrics was done.
Everything is finalised for me now. My PR card is winging it's way to me via a friend in Alberta (you need a Canadian address to receive it first).

The covid farce definitely slowed everything down for everyone across all immigration streams as far as I could tell. I would definitely contact the visa office and find out what's going on. I put my papers in 6 months after you did your biometrics and I've been granted PR now so there's definitely something amiss in your case... Expect them to not like being called or emailed though! :mad:

Good luck and keep the fires burning under their feet. Government agencies like to collect their salaries and do as little as possible...

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hi there. Question for you! When you were in the final stages, and your estimated processing time showed a couple of weeks... was that timeline accurate? I've logged in today now I have the permanent number to see '15 days remaining' which I'm surprised seems so quick. Biometrics already done as linked from another application.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Hi there. Question for you! When you were in the final stages, and your estimated processing time showed a couple of weeks... was that timeline accurate? I've logged in today now I have the permanent number to see '15 days remaining' which I'm surprised seems so quick. Biometrics already done as linked from another application.
That is a very good question, not sure I can answer it though.

The whole process took so long that I simply stopped focusing on the time taken/time left and just got on with my life in the meantime. Occassional messages and emails would come out the blue which was always a nice, "oh, yeah, that thing..." surprise...

I suspect that the days left and percentage left metrics are largely ballpark figures rather than someone in the visa office saying, "right, this application is going to take me another 19 days, 5 hrs and 27 minutes to complete so that means the application is 98.677% complete!"

I hope it's 15 days; I suspect that now cough1984 is over and done with and the visa people are back in the office, things will speed up again. Pretty sure that cough1984 really slowed my application to a crawl...

Reactions: canadawill

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
That is a very good question, not sure I can answer it though.

The whole process took so long that I simply stopped focusing on the time taken/time left and just got on with my life in the meantime. Occassional messages and emails would come out the blue which was always a nice, "oh, yeah, that thing..." surprise...

I suspect that the days left and percentage left metrics are largely ballpark figures rather than someone in the visa office saying, "right, this application is going to take me another 19 days, 5 hrs and 27 minutes to complete so that means the application is 98.677% complete!"

I hope it's 15 days; I suspect that now cough1984 is over and done with and the visa people are back in the office, things will speed up again. Pretty sure that cough1984 really slowed my application to a crawl...
Fingers crossed. Similarly been waiting since 2020.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Can’t believe it’s been taking so long! I applied in 2022 and I started using this tracker this year - the few cases that are on there showing 2020/2021 submission have barely moved forward… I hope it’ll start moving quicker now! https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/startup-visa-program-tracker
Lol, you have a long wait I'm afraid. I applied in 2020, and got my first permanent application number couple of weeks ago. 44 months is the current estimated processing time.

Reactions: tanyaviola