+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Translation by Home Country Public NOTARY- Sample Translation Format Help

neevmagic

Apr 11, 2019
Hello,

Good day everyone. I need to get the "non-English" official "Seal" translated into English that is on my English Birth Certificate.
I understand that I can get a translation from a Public NOTARY in my home country and He can also provide an Affidavit for his translation.
Then I can submit a "Certified True Copy of my English Birth Certificate", a "Translation of the Document for the non-English official seal by the Public NOTARY"
and an "Affidavit provided by the Public NOTARY for his Translation", with my Canada VISA application.

Could anyone please provide me with a sample translation document format for Canada VISA applications that I can give to my Public NOTARY?
Though my Public NOTARY will be able to translate the non-English official "Seal" into English that is on my English Birth Certificate, he needs some guidelines
about how to format the translation document to be acceptable for Canada VISA applications.

Thanks,
Neev

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

Could anyone please help me with this.

Thanks!
Coukd you please restate your question. You say English birth certificate, what does this mean.

It may help to be specific about jurisdictions. Also look carefully for country specific instructions first. In many or at least some cases, there may be no need to translate seals as the info already elsewhere.

Usually competent notaries and translators in any given country know what the standard is, and that standard may already be acceptable to IRCC.

neevmagic

Apr 11, 2019
Coukd you please restate your question. You say English birth certificate, what does this mean.

It may help to be specific about jurisdictions. Also look carefully for country specific instructions first. In many or at least some cases, there may be no need to translate seals as the info already elsewhere.

Usually competent notaries and translators in any given country know what the standard is, and that standard may already be acceptable to IRCC.
Hello Armoured,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I will elaborate the situation. My wife's Birth Certificate is in English Language but the official provincial government seal on the document is not in English or French. My public notary in my home country will translate the seal on the document and will also provide an affidavit for his translation.
All he is requesting is a sample translation document for Canada which will help him to keep be translation document format correct.
If anybody who applied Student Visa or Work permit or PR with a translation of any of his/her documents, could provide a sample copy or modified copy to keep their privacy, of the translation document which was accepted by IRCC then it will be a great help to prepare our translation document.

Hope I was able to explain myself. I can also provide more information if it is required.

Thanks,
Neev.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What country or jurisdiction is this?

I haven't seen recently but a translation of a seal wouod usually be simple - eg [stamped or sealed] civil registry department of x province, country.

Again, put this on the notary - it's his job.

Leger809

Jan 3, 2020
Hello Armoured,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I will elaborate the situation. My wife's Birth Certificate is in English Language but the official provincial government seal on the document is not in English or French. My public notary in my home country will translate the seal on the document and will also provide an affidavit for his translation.
All he is requesting is a sample translation document for Canada which will help him to keep be translation document format correct.
If anybody who applied Student Visa or Work permit or PR with a translation of any of his/her documents, could provide a sample copy or modified copy to keep their privacy, of the translation document which was accepted by IRCC then it will be a great help to prepare our translation document.

Hope I was able to explain myself. I can also provide more information if it is required.

Thanks,
Neev.
If the birth certificate is already in English you don't need the traducion step even for province of QC

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If the birth certificate is already in English you don't need the traducion step even for province of QC
I agree, I'm only confused about the issue of the seal. Surely the document if in English has some text identifying the issuing authority?

If so, I can't imagine a translation needed just to confirm it was stamped.

Leger809

Jan 3, 2020
I agree, I'm only confused about the issue of the seal. Surely the document if in English has some text identifying the issuing authority?

If so, I can't imagine a translation needed just to confirm it was stamped.
If your Documents was issued by your local government in English you don't need a extra stamp should be ok... Example my son birth certificate from usa i just send just how i received it from the usa gov and was ok

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If your Documents was issued by your local government in English you don't need a extra stamp should be ok... Example my son birth certificate from usa i just send just how i received it from the usa gov and was ok
The original poster seems to be saying the seal is not in English. A seal in USA would be.

I don't see the seal matters as long as the issuing authority is spelled out in English somewhere on the doc. And even then it may not matter.