OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
Hi,

my husband got a document request from cic, the letter from cic is dated December 9th 2016 but we only received the letter last week. (the letter took 3 weeks to arrive in our mail). The big problem is that the document MUST be received by cic within 30 days, which would be the 9th of January 2017, but now we have to wait for the requested document to arrive in the mail (it will be here by about next week). What`s the best to do ? call CIC or send a case specific inquiry ? Am I assuming right that it`s probably impossible to talk to the IO (Officer CP) personally on the phone ? Thank you in advance for your help.

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
Erdbeerchen said:
Hi,

my husband got a document request from cic, the letter from cic is dated December 9th 2016 but we only received the letter last week. (the letter took 3 weeks to arrive in our mail). The big problem is that the document MUST be received by cic within 30 days, which would be the 9th of January 2017, but now we have to wait for the requested document to arrive in the mail (it will be here by about next week). What`s the best to do ? call CIC or send a case specific inquiry ? Am I assuming right that it`s probably impossible to talk to the IO (Officer CP) personally on the phone ? Thank you in advance for your help.
I would do both the steps you mentioned, case specific inquiry, and phone call.
And because time is so critical I'd do one more step.
I would call my local MP's office and ask them to act on an urgent basis, the same day.
Request they contact Immigration on your behalf, and advise Immigration that you just
received the letter, you cannot get the document until next week, so you need an extension beyond 30 days.

I know MP's offices get flooded and many people will tell you not to bother calling.
But I had to call my MP's office on our file on some urgent correspondence. I also sent it by case specific inquiry.
My MP's office did as I requested. She said her call to Immigration would be handled much faster than my online inquiry.
She called me back the next day confirming she'd just heard back from Immigration confirming our urgent correspondence
had been received by the overseas VO the same day and the VO agreed to accept the document.

The MP's office is there to help you. The reason to contact them is because the timing is so tight and so critical.
If you miss the deadline your application can be returned as Incomplete. You have to start over again.

So, that's what I'd do. Good Luck.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
BethanyM said:
I would do both the steps you mentioned, case specific inquiry, and phone call.
And because time is so critical I'd do one more step.
I would call my local MP's office and ask them to act on an urgent basis, the same day.
I agree. I get annoyed when people talk about 'I've been waiting TWO WEEKS so I called my MP, why's it taking so long', or 'The service standard is 12 months, so since they've had my report two months I got my MP involved'. That's an abuse, and a good way to annoy the MP's office. Needing a document in days, and not possibly being able to produce it in time is exactly the sort of impossible demand that representatives are there to help with. This is a great example of when an MP's office should be happy to help to make sure you get a reasonable outcome.

Erdbeerchen

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015 -
IELTS Request
OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
thank you very much for your answers,

I will call cic as soon as possible today and also send a case specific inquiry, I will also call our MP today. Too bad that we only found out yesterday that the requested document will take about 1 week and a half to arrive in our mail :( If our MP can`t help us fast enough, you think it`s enough that I call and send the inquiry ? I am super scared now that cic don`t put fast enough in our file that we request more time since it`s clearly written in the letter from cic that if the 30 days are up and the document is not at cic by this time that they will process the app further without that required document which would lead to a refusal of the app.