+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Checklist

Mekhtiari

Oct 5, 2011
Hi guys,
I'm applying for a study permit for Jan 2012. I've been reading through this forum and have found that people have been asked to include documents (e.g. school transcripts) that were not indicated on the Document Checklist.
Can anyone give me a COMPLETE list of the documents I should include in my application?

Thank you!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mekhtiari said:
Hi guys,
I'm applying for a study permit for Jan 2012. I've been reading through this forum and have found that people have been asked to include documents (e.g. school transcripts) that were not indicated on the Document Checklist.
Can anyone give me a COMPLETE list of the documents I should include in my application?

Thank you!
Hi,

If you are applying in India, submit only photocopy of individual marksheet and degree certificate.

waziri

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visa

Canada
Students Visa
Download Visa Application Form

Visa requirments
• Completed Application for a Study Permit (IMM1294). If your spouse or common-law partner and/or dependent children will accompany you, they will must complete the appropriate application form, i.e. Temporary Foreign Worker or Study Permit. Note that school-age children must apply for a Study Permit.
• Marriage and birth certificates for accompanying spouse and children.
• Completed Supplementary Information Form. A separate from is required for each applicant 18 years of age or above.
• The correct processing fee – Green receipt must be submitted.
• Passport Photographs. Two (2) current photos for each person. On the back of one photo, write the name and date of birth of the person appearing in the photo.
• Valid Passport(s). Current passport (valid for 6 months after the date of intended travel to Canada) and old passports showing previous travel. If the laminate page on the bio data page is disturbed, a new passport is required. Please attach copy of bio-data page.
• Copy of National Identity Card for each applicant. (For Afghan nationals, a copy of the Tazkara for each applicant.)
• Completed Military Table, Police Table and detailed C.V. if you have served or are currently serving in any of the armed forces (i.e. Air Force, Army, Navy, Police etc).
• Citizens of Afghanistan must complete the Afghan questionnaire.
• Original letter of acceptance from a recognized educational institute showing duration of program and any conditions of acceptance.
• A personal study plan describing your proposed program of study as it relates to your academic, technical or vocational background.
• All original educational documents such as previous educational degrees, certificates or diplomas.
• Original IELTS and/or TOEFL scores, GRE, GMAT (if applicable) are strongly recommended.
• Police Certificate from each country or territory in which you have resided since attaining the age of 18 years.
• Original proof of funds to support yourself (and dependents). These should include, but is not limited to proof of financial support for the period of study; such as evidence of employment/business, income tax returns, bank records, term deposits. If someone other than yourself or your parents is providing funding, provide a letter of explanation explaining the reason, documentary evidence of the relationship, evidence of financial ability to support your studies and if sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, proof of their immigration status in Canada.

• Copy of receipt for tuition fees paid (if applicable).
• Use of Representative Form (IMM5476) (if applicable).
• Minor children going to Canada to study must also provide proof of a custodian in Canada.

Note: Failure to provide complete supporting documentation may result in refusal of your application.

Warning: Misrepresentation will result in refusal or your application

Photograph Specification
Two passport-size photos

Visa Fee
8,700/Rs.

Mekhtiari

Oct 5, 2011
Wow waziri! Thanks! Where'd you get this information from?
(Because the CIC website says different :/ :()

And if it makes any difference, I'll be applying from Iran.

waziri

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddy these are for pakistan i dont know abt iran buddy so better to consult any irani there .......any thing else u wana know u can leave post ......be blessed

Mekhtiari

Oct 5, 2011
Does anyone know if the Temporary resident application is seperate from the study permit one?
Does the processing time for the study permit include the temporary residence application as well?

Taro

Apr 9, 2009
medical examination is not required ????

they say on cic website that anyone staying in canada for more than six months requires to undergo a medical examination.