+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document checklist

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hello,

I am working on mine application and I think I saw some one posted their personal/detailed document checklist but I cant find that post any more. Could anyone please direct me to it or any similar posts.

As for me, below is mine checklist, please comment and let me know if something needs to be added or removed ~ Thanks

1. Passport: copy of the biographical data page and stamped pages
1.1 Australian passport
1.2 Vietnamese passport​
2. Medical examination
3. Police certificate
3.1 Australia (obtained before leaving Australia, issued within 6 months)
- Federal police report – colour scan
- VicRoad history – colour scan​
3.2 Vietnamese police certificate
- Ly lich Tu phap So 2 – color scan
- Notarised translation of “Ly lich tu phap So 2”​
4. Proof of work experience
4.1 Company 1
- Reference letter – Finance Manager NOC 0111
- Salary review letter
- Payslips
- Reference letter – Financial Accountant NOC 1111
- Salary review letters
- Initial employment contract
- Payslips​
4.2 Save the Children – Finance Officer NOC 1111
- Reference letter
- Extension of contract
- Exit/termination of contract​
5. Proof of Education
5.1 Master’s degree
- Copy of degree certificate: Master of Accounting
- Copy of degree certificate: Master of Business (Finance)
- Copy of transcripts​
5.2 Bachelor degree
- Copy of degree certificate
- Notarised translation of degree certificate
- Copy of academic transcripts
- Notarized transaction of academic transcripts​
5.3 WES report
5.4 IELTS test report​
6. Proof of funds
6.1 Letter from the bank
6.2 Last 6 months bank statement​
7. Divorce certificate
- Copy of divorce certificate
- Notarised translation of divorce certificate​
8. Digital photos
9. Letter of explanation (LOE)

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello,

I am working on mine application and I think I saw some one posted their personal/detailed document checklist but I cant find that post any more. Could anyone please direct me to it or any similar posts.

As for me, below is mine checklist, please comment and let me know if something needs to be added or removed ~ Thanks

1. Passport: copy of the biographical data page and stamped pages
1.1 Australian passport
1.2 Vietnamese passport​
2. Medical examination
3. Police certificate
3.1 Australia (obtained before leaving Australia, issued within 6 months)
- Federal police report – colour scan
- VicRoad history – colour scan​
3.2 Vietnamese police certificate
- Ly lich Tu phap So 2 – color scan
- Notarised translation of “Ly lich tu phap So 2”​
4. Proof of work experience
4.1 Company 1
- Reference letter – Finance Manager NOC 0111
- Salary review letter
- Payslips
- Reference letter – Financial Accountant NOC 1111
- Salary review letters
- Payslips​
4.2 Save the Children – Finance Officer NOC 1111
- Reference letter
- Extension of contract
- Exit/termination of contract​
5. Proof of Education
5.1 Master’s degree
- Copy of degree certificate: Master of Accounting
- Copy of degree certificate: Master of Business (Finance)
- Copy of transcripts​
5.2 Bachelor degree
- Copy of degree certificate
- Notarised translation of degree certificate
- Copy of academic transcripts
- Notarized transaction of academic transcripts​
5.3 WES report
5.4 IELTS test report​
6. Proof of funds
6.1 Letter from the bank
6.2 Last 6 months bank statement​
7. Divorce certificate
- Copy of divorce certificate
- Notarised translation of divorce certificate​
8. Digital photos
9. Letter of explanation (LOE)
It's all here www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks. I have also referred to this link. But I wonder why it says on this page that bio page of your passport is required but seem like a lot of people scan stamped pages as well.

What I was looking for is document list of other applicants who shared on this forum...
you are free to do whatever you want and add whatever documents you feel are needed to justify your information. For example in your above list transcripts aren't required, job contracts their extensions and payslips are not required.
Put yourself in the officer's shoes and keep your file as simple and straight to the point as possible

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Thanks. I have also referred to this link. But I wonder why it says on this page that bio page of your passport is required but seem like a lot of people scan stamped pages as well.

What I was looking for is document list of other applicants who shared on this forum...
The general principles for what to submit and what not to submit are as the following:

1. Don't miss any documents that are on the mandatory list by IRCC. You will get rejected instantly if any one of them is missing.

2. Check the quality of these mandatory documents also. Are they meeting the IRCC standards? For example, does your work reference letter have all the specific information required by IRCC, which you can also check against the official instruction, e.g. your full time/part time status, pay information, position, etc. It's a tricky document, so if anything important is missing, it's wise to attach other supporting docs if they are easily available. In this scenario, it's better to play safe and give more.

3. Regarding supplement documents (defined as not mentioned by IRCC instruction, but in practice many people do submit them to support the credibility of the mandatory ones) in general, such as pay slips, contracts, transcripts - if they are already easily available, attaching them won't do you any harm as long as they 1) don't contradict information on other documents, or 2) don't create confusion for the IRCC agents. Just remember to scan them in color and don't be excessive about it. In case you don't have any of these supplemental documents but your main mandatory ones are good enough, you will be fine with submitting just the mandatory ones. No need to panic.

In a nutshell, you don't want to give the IRCC agents reasons or doubts to reject your case because of missing/contradicting mandatory documents, meanwhile you also don't want to flood your application with excessive/insignificant docs. Find the balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roshan and Vietgirl

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
The general principles for what to submit and what not to submit are as the following:

1. Don't miss any documents that are on the mandatory list by IRCC. You will get rejected instantly if any one of them is missing.

2. Check the quality of these mandatory documents also. Are they meeting the IRCC standards? For example, does your work reference letter have all the specific information required by IRCC, which you can also check against the official instruction, e.g. your full time/part time status, pay information, position, etc. It's a tricky document, so if anything important is missing, it's wise to attach other supporting docs if they are easily available. In this scenario, it's better to play safe and give more.

3. Regarding supplement documents (defined as not mentioned by IRCC instruction, but in practice many people do submit them to support the credibility of the mandatory ones) in general, such as pay slips, contracts, transcripts - if they are already easily available, attaching them won't do you any harm as long as they 1) don't contradict information on other documents, or 2) create confusion for the IRCC agents. Just remember to scan them in color and don't be excessive about it. In case you don't have any of these supplemental documents but your main mandatory ones are good enough, you will be fine with submitting just the mandatory ones. No need to panic.

In a nutshell, you don't want to give the IRCC agents reasons or doubts to reject your case because of missing/contradicting mandatory documents, meanwhile you also don't want to flood your application with excessive/insignificant docs. Find the balance.
Your approach is sensible and hopefully visa officers will be reasonable. However, reading what people discussed on this forum, sometimes it makes me worried a bit.

I am still confused about the requirements regarding PCC - as I will be leaving Australia (where I have lived for 6 years) and will be in Vietnam when I submit my application, do I need to obtain the PCC when I have left Australia already? Or it's ok for the PCC to be issued within 6 months. There's so many different opinion about this.

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Your approach is sensible and hopefully visa officers will be reasonable. However, reading what people discussed on this forum, sometimes it makes me worried a bit.

I am still confused about the requirements regarding PCC - as I will be leaving Australia (where I have lived for 6 years) and will be in Vietnam when I submit my application, do I need to obtain the PCC when I have left Australia already? Or it's ok for the PCC to be issued within 6 months. There's so many different opinion about this.
Are you permanently relocating to Vietnam and will change your legal address from Australia to Vietnam? If yes, this is one of the most tricky PCC situations you could be in, so be very careful with it. The tricky part is that if you submit application from outside of Australia you don't want to have an Australian PCC dated before you leave the country. In such case the PCC doesn't cover your entire staying in Australia, thus is a common reason for instant rejection. I personally did not have this issue but had read similar cases on the forum. It will be wise to be cautious.

I see two options here, assuming you are relocating to Vietnam and will change your legal address:

1. Submit EE application (signified by receiving the AOR) BEFORE leaving Australia - in this case you can get your Australian PCC now and use it in the application.

2. Leave Australia, apply for an Australian PCC from Vietnam, then submit your application - in this case you might need to get a new Vietnamese PCC, if 1) you are required to provide one (e.g. you had lived in the country for more than 6 months before), and 2) you don't have one already done within 6-month before your AOR date.

BTW, from what I read, Australian PCC is tricky enough by itself. IRCC will require traffic records from some states (or something like that). It's important to read through the IRCC requirements on Australian PCCs and make sure you don't miss anything.

Hope it helps and good luck!

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Are you permanently relocating to Vietnam and will change your legal address from Australia to Vietnam? If yes, this is one of the most tricky PCC situations you could be in, so be very careful with it. The tricky part is that if you submit application from outside of Australia you don't want to have an Australian PCC dated before you leave the country. In such case the PCC doesn't cover your entire staying in Australia, thus is a common reason for instant rejection. I personally did not have this issue but had read similar cases on the forum. It will be wise to be cautious.

I see two options here, assuming you are relocating to Vietnam and will change your legal address:

1. Submit EE application (signified by receiving the AOR) BEFORE leaving Australia - in this case you can get your Australian PCC now and use it in the application.

2. Leave Australia, apply for an Australian PCC from Vietnam, then submit your application - in this case you might need to get a new Vietnamese PCC, if 1) you are required to provide one (e.g. you had lived in the country for more than 6 months before), and 2) you don't have one already done within 6-month before your AOR date.

BTW, from what I read, Australian PCC is tricky enough by itself. IRCC will require traffic records from some states (or something like that). It's important to read through the IRCC requirements on Australian PCCs and make sure you don't miss anything.

Hope it helps and good luck!
Yes, i will be relocate to Vietnam for at least a year if I am not going to Canada during this time. I am a dual citizen (VN and AUS), and still have a job (work over the internet) and bank accounts in Australia.

I guess I could reside in both countries but only to make it complicated.

Australian PCC is not tricky, I have applied and both PCC and Driving history arrived in my mail box within a week.

I guess I will have to apply again just in case what people said here is true. It's better safe than sorry eh. Just hate paying another $70 lol