+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Checklist

clodaoc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Hi - this might seem like a silly question but...regarding the document checklist, when i submitted my CEC application a few weeks ago i put a tick in all the boxes to show the paperwork that i was supplying and what i wasn't (the usual). I ticked police checks because of course they are an essential part of the application and i had applied for them. However there was a delay getting them so i added a cover letter to the application to say the police checks were applied for and I would follow with them as soon as i had them. I also put a post it on the document checklist to say the same!

But because they can be so picky about things...am i actually in trouble now because i ticked that box?? I have since sent them police certs from my home country and will be following with an Australian one shortly.

As I haven't received my AOR yet I presumed it was ok to send the police certs to the office in Sydney, NS, as my application is still there.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
clodaoc said:
Hi - this might seem like a silly question but...regarding the document checklist, when i submitted my CEC application a few weeks ago i put a tick in all the boxes to show the paperwork that i was supplying and what i wasn't (the usual). I ticked police checks because of course they are an essential part of the application and i had applied for them. However there was a delay getting them so i added a cover letter to the application to say the police checks were applied for and I would follow with them as soon as i had them. I also put a post it on the document checklist to say the same!

But because they can be so picky about things...am i actually in trouble now because i ticked that box?? I have since sent them police certs from my home country and will be following with an Australian one shortly.

As I haven't received my AOR yet I presumed it was ok to send the police certs to the office in Sydney, NS, as my application is still there.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Please do not send the PCC now, wait until you get your AOR and then send it. When you send the PCC, make sure you mention the AOR (File number) on top of it so that it gets added to the bunch.

If you send it now, most likely, it will be lost....

Good luck....

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
BigBee said:
Please do not send the PCC now, wait until you get your AOR and then send it. When you send the PCC, make sure you mention the AOR (File number) on top of it so that it gets added to the bunch.

If you send it now, most likely, it will be lost....

Good luck....
Second that, once you receive your aor and file is transferred to Ottawa, Send the original PCC to:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

kaanva

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
Passport Req..
7 Dec 2013
VISA ISSUED...
3 Jan 2013
There is nothing to panic about..I did the same.How so ever as advised in the posts above.. send PCC after you receive your AOR. That way it wont get lost.

clodaoc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately I already posted my Irish ones (last Friday) to the office in Sydney, NS. I am tracking them and they will be signed for (i thought best to pay the extra few pounds to ensure they were received!) I emailed the office in Sydney and explained as there wasn't much instruction given on when to send the police checks (they did advise on their doc checklist to send them asap) that I made the decision to send them to their office also. I don't have an AOR yet because our application is so new so i provided all the other info that i had, my name, DOB, address, UCI number, and the date the application was sent and received by them (i tracked it). I also attached the police certs to the email (i know they don't accept copies) just for their reference so they know what to look out for. It should (might) help!

I will continue to track the police certs and as soon as they say they have been received i'll email them again and hopefully they will be picked up. I can quote the name of the person who is going to sign for them too. Its not the end of the world if i have to get two more Irish ones (for me and my partner) but its a bit of a nuisance. As for the Australian ones, I received an email this morning saying they are on the way so i will hold onto them until I have my AOR or at least until the office in Sydney get in touch and advise where to send them.

I find myself questioning absolutely everything about this application after being rejected in November after a 12 month wait. This residency process can turn you into a bit of a stress head!

Thanks for your advice :)