+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document check list mistake

delray

Jan 21, 2013
Finally sent off my PR application with all the required documents. I had to include certified originals of name change docs as needed but I now realize I checked off all my document but neglected to check off NAME CHANGE DOCUMENTS on the Document checklist, although they were enclosed. Might this small oversight nullify my whole PR application. Would hate to have it rejected because of this small error.
I also neglected to write N?A in any part that doesn't apply to me. Has anyone out there had there application returned for this mistake?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Are you applying for permanent residence or renewal of your permanent resident card?

I don't know if this is will cause your application to be returned or not. However, you can send an updated checklist and explanation and ask that it be attached to your application package. Include your name, date of birth, client ID number and tracking # of the first application package you sent to help them locate your file.

delray

Jan 21, 2013
I am applying for PR card, my first one after landing in 1974. Haven't received a tracking # as yet only tracking # from Canada Post Courier. Just sent in application last week. When and how do they usually send you a tracking #.Is it sent to your email address you give them on your application? Anyone in the forum ever ammended their application. It says somewhere on the website you cannot add to your application once it is sent, I think

delray

Jan 21, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
Are you applying for permanent residence or renewal of your permanent resident card?

I don't know if this is will cause your application to be returned or not. However, you can send an updated checklist and explanation and ask that it be attached to your application package. Include your name, date of birth, client ID number and tracking # of the first application package you sent to help them locate your file.
Thanks Senorita Bella, I don't have a tracking # as yet as the PR card application was just sent in last week. I have noticed more errors, like not writing N/A in blanks. I will try to send in amended application with cover letter explaining. Any one else with this problem?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
delray said:
Thanks Senorita Bella, I don't have a tracking # as yet as the PR card application was just sent in last week. I have noticed more errors, like not writing N/A in blanks. I will try to send in amended application with cover letter explaining. Any one else with this problem?
IMHO no need to re-send revised check list.

Your application until assigned to an officer will be in a file storage area with thousands of applications..can you imagine someone at Sidney trying to match up your extra documents with your original application? Even if they did find and match it will they put it back in position or is it placed in that day's slot. You might as well send a new application in this case.

Writing or not writing N/A isn't the deal maker...its being obvious to the decision maker that you meet the 730 days.

Relax and wait to hear from CIC.

delray

Jan 21, 2013
Thanks for your wise advice. I will try to relax while awaiting reply. As my application will most likely be returned as incomplete, do they usually return it for necessary corrections? Any idea if the original application date would still be the same in regards to calculating for the qualifying residency obligation days?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
delray said:
Thanks for your wise advice. I will try to relax while awaiting reply. As my application will most likely be returned as incomplete, do they usually return it for necessary corrections? Any idea if the original application date would still be the same in regards to calculating for the qualifying residency obligation days?
1. If its missing documentation e.g. copy of landing docs, photos, dates or a signature then it will be returned...if its not writing N/A shouldn't.

2. If its returned incomplete then 5 year RO review period starts from date on the new valid application.

jazznet

May 15, 2013
hello anybody could help me?? i received our kit through email last may 14,2013 and begging help for the checklist of documents for lc2,the generic application form(IMM 0008) ? like also the schedule A-background/declaration (IMM 5669) the additional family information (IMM 5406),,,,,,,,it is I and my 3 kids will complete this form??? each of us will sign this (IMM 0008),,(IMM 5669),,(IMM 5406)?????pls,,,help me thanks

delray

Jan 21, 2013
Msafiri said:
1. If its missing documentation e.g. copy of landing docs, photos, dates or a signature then it will be returned...if its not writing N/A shouldn't.

2. If its returned incomplete then 5 year RO review period starts from date on the new valid application.
an update on my pr card application: Although I neglected to write N/A in a few places, my application has been approved HOORAY according to the website which I was able to access using my on line payment #. I guess they are not as strict as they make out to be
My timeline:
App. sent April 16, 2013, received April 18, started processing May 28, Approved July 10
Now waiting to either have it sent or to be called in to collect it. Any experiences on how long it might take from now?
Although I applied under my maiden name changed after divorce I included name change docs, they still have my file listed in the website under my married name which I originally landed under