+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doctor's opportunity

Minhaz Uddin

Aug 24, 2019
Hi, I am from Bangladesh. Completed my MBBS and pursuing my MS in gynaecology.

If I want to move to Canada as a doctor, should I need to sit for any licensing exam or can I start job as a doctor there?

Also, after completing my MS, I can work as a consultant here in Bangladesh. So, If I move after completing my MS will Canada accept that degree too? and allow me to work as consultant.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016

If I want to move to Canada as a doctor, should I need to sit for any licensing exam or can I start job as a doctor there?

Also, after completing my MS, I can work as a consultant here in Bangladesh. So, If I move after completing my MS will Canada accept that degree too? and allow me to work as consultant.
Hello, please check this thread, it will give you detailed information

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/img-in-canada-how-are-you-surviving.484034/page-7

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019

Honestly, it is very difficult for foreign trained medical professionals to practice in Canada, especially for Asia educated doctors and medical professionals.

Once you move to Canada with an MS from Bangladesh, realistically, you will not get a job as a medical consultant in Canada, due to lack of a valid license and "canadian experience", however, once you obtain your PR, you are free to move back to Bangladesh and practice there. You will only be able to get job in Canada as medical consultant or practice medicine, once you get a license from the province.

For more information on how to obtain license and practice medicine in Canada : https://canadianvisa.org/blog/immigration/canadian-immigration-for-doctors