+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dr. Saima

Newbie
Apr 22, 2017
1
0
Hello,

I am a gynecologist, and practicing from last 10 years in my home country. Do i need to select "Yes" for to have a valid job offer in canada while checking my CRS tool calculator on cic.gc.ca ? if i exactly dont have any job yet? which is i am dam sure i'll get as i am a skilled doctor.

Please guide and suggest so that i may go further you you guys.

Thanks :)
 
Dr. Saima said:
Hello,

I am a gynecologist, and practicing from last 10 years in my home country. Do i need to select "Yes" for to have a valid job offer in canada while checking my CRS tool calculator on cic.gc.ca ? if i exactly dont have any job yet? which is i am dam sure i'll get as i am a skilled doctor.

Please guide and suggest so that i may go further you you guys.

Thanks :)
no you cant choose yes since you dont have a valid job offer,and to work in canada you must obtain a license in order to practice there
 
Dr. Saima said:
Hello,

I am a gynecologist, and practicing from last 10 years in my home country. Do i need to select "Yes" for to have a valid job offer in canada while checking my CRS tool calculator on cic.gc.ca ? if i exactly dont have any job yet? which is i am dam sure i'll get as i am a skilled doctor.

Please guide and suggest so that i may go further you you guys.

Thanks :)

To select 'yes' - you need to have an actual job offer in Canada and an approved LMIA from your employer. So you need to answer 'no'. Saying you have a job offer when you don't actually have a job offer will best case result in a refusal of your application - worst case a misrepresentation finding.

And as explained by the poster above, you'll need to be re-certified before you'll be allowed to work as a doctor in Canada. This process takes many years. It won't be possible for you to work as a doctor as soon as you arrive.
 
Dr. Saima said:
Hello,

I am a gynecologist, and practicing from last 10 years in my home country. Do i need to select "Yes" for to have a valid job offer in canada while checking my CRS tool calculator on cic.gc.ca ? if i exactly dont have any job yet? which is i am dam sure i'll get as i am a skilled doctor.

Please guide and suggest so that i may go further you you guys.

Thanks :)
Being a skilled doctor in home-country is one thing, and getting a job in Canada is the other one.

Regarding getting a job as a gynaec in Canada, I'd like to suggest you humbly to re-consider it.
To become a certified doctor is a never-ending process for international medical graduates (IMGs). How could be damn sure about getting a job in Canada based on your experience?

No matter how many years of experience you have in your home-country as a doctor, you must sit for all the licensure exams in Canada (and of course pass them with flying colors) to get a license to practise.

I think getting a license to practise medicine in Canada for IMGs is far from reality, if not impossible.
 
jpv2212 said:
Being a skilled doctor in home-country is one thing, and getting a job in Canada is the other one.

Regarding getting a job as a gynaec in Canada, I'd like to suggest you humbly to re-consider it.
To become a certified doctor is a never-ending process for international medical graduates (IMGs). How could be damn sure about getting a job in Canada based on your experience?

No matter how many years of experience you have in your home-country as a doctor, you must sit for all the licensure exams in Canada (and of course pass them with flying colors) to get a license to practise.

I think getting a license to practise medicine in Canada for IMGs is far from reality, if not impossible.
are you a doctor yourself??any info about dentists???
 
Wolverine17 said:
are you a doctor yourself??any info about dentists???
Yes, I'm an MBBS + MD from India.

What I know about dentists is that they have very good job prospects in Canada. I have heard (Don't know if it's true or not) that once certified, a dentist can make almost around C$ 70 per hour!

But, to get certified, a dentist must pass the licensure exams, which are around 4 in total. So, yes, they do have a better in Canada, but after a significant amount of time and dedication and perseverance...
 
Wolverine17 said:
are you a doctor yourself??any info about dentists???
Hey I found a different thread on forum.

If you are a dentist, then you should follow this one.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dentist3113-t49213.1305.html

Hope I helped you.
 
jpv2212 said:
Hey I found a different thread on forum.

If you are a dentist, then you should follow this one.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dentist3113-t49213.1305.html

Hope I helped you.
Thanks but there is no enough info about exams
In that thread
 
Dr. Saima said:
Hello,

I am a gynecologist, and practicing from last 10 years in my home country. Do i need to select "Yes" for to have a valid job offer in canada while checking my CRS tool calculator on cic.gc.ca ? if i exactly dont have any job yet? which is i am dam sure i'll get as i am a skilled doctor.

Please guide and suggest so that i may go further you you guys.

Thanks :)

Time to wake up & smell the coffee :D
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t37491.0.html
 
Wolverine17 said:
Thanks but there is no enough info about exams
In that thread
Okay the.

You can follow this link of you want. I think it's got all you need.

https://ndeb-bned.ca/en/requirements

Hope it helps now.

+1 if I helped you :)
 
Dr. Saima said:
Hello,

I am a gynecologist, and practicing from last 10 years in my home country. Do i need to select "Yes" for to have a valid job offer in canada while checking my CRS tool calculator on cic.gc.ca ? if i exactly dont have any job yet? which is i am dam sure i'll get as i am a skilled doctor.

Please guide and suggest so that i may go further you you guys.

Thanks :)

there are many doctors like you in canada who drive taxis or work in walmart stores..dont be over optimistic....canadain doctors find it hard to find a job and you are an overseas who is jumping that she is sure to get a job...think 100 times before coming to canada as once you reach here there is no possibility of going back...have some taxi driving experience in case you need to drive a cab!!
 
jpv2212 said:
Being a skilled doctor in home-country is one thing, and getting a job in Canada is the other one.

Regarding getting a job as a gynaec in Canada, I'd like to suggest you humbly to re-consider it.
To become a certified doctor is a never-ending process for international medical graduates (IMGs). How could be damn sure about getting a job in Canada based on your experience?

No matter how many years of experience you have in your home-country as a doctor, you must sit for all the licensure exams in Canada (and of course pass them with flying colors) to get a license to practise.

I think getting a license to practise medicine in Canada for IMGs is far from reality, if not impossible.

do you drive a cab too in canada ? ;D
 
mickey_mouse said:
do you drive a cab too in canada ? ;D

Exactly. I am pharmacist in my country, in Canada I worked in food industry and now lab technician. I am trying to get Canadian pharmacy license but its tough.

Even after having pharmacy license my friend didn't get the job.
 
Amdavadi said:
Exactly. I am pharmacist in my country, in Canada I worked in food industry and now lab technician. I am trying to get Canadian pharmacy license but its tough.

Even after having pharmacy license my friend didn't get the job.

feel sorry to hear this...wish you good luck!!
 
mickey_mouse said:
think 100 times before coming to canada as once you reach here there is no possibility of going back...

Not true, there are many airplanes flying anywhere in the world. Of course you can go back anytime.. Canada is not a prison!