+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOCTORS ? -How do you succeed in Canada !!!

beth_ma

Jul 26, 2012
Does does this differ from the US?

I live in the Northeastern US and my three main doctors are all foreign, and I love them. My primary care physician is from India, my endocrinologist is from China, and my rheumatologist is from Myanmar. My husband's physician is from Japan.

All of these people went through medical training in their native countries and then came to the US and completed 4-year residencies. I would say the majority of doctors at my local medical center are foreign.

Is the situation in the US better than in Canada, or just as difficult?

I guess I understand why the US has such additional requirements. Not all medical training is equal and healthcare systems differ from country to country. Everyone needs to be on the same page and trained and practicing in the same language because so much is at stake. But my experience, as an American, with foreign doctors has been very positive. Occasionally I think there is a language barrier (I told my rheumatologist that I "slouch a lot" and she didn't know what slouch meant.) But for the most part I get excellent care.

sa mon

Aug 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Toronto
Dears : do you have any knowledge about state loan and criteria for getting this loan ? or any other loan or grant we can get after landing , specially to pay for university tuition fee . Thanks

trigeminal77

Jul 10, 2012
sa mon said:
Dears : do you have any knowledge about state loan and criteria for getting this loan ? or any other loan or grant we can get after landing , specially to pay for university tuition fee . Thanks
check OSAP

Karwa Sach

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sa mon said:
Contact http://www.internationalstudent.com/schools_awarding_aid/ and apply for international student scholarships on your own: http://www.InternationalScholarships.com

OR

Best way to apply student loan for states through your financial institute like RBC,Scotia Bank ,TD, Bank of Montreal

To study in Ontario check the link provided by trigeminal77---------- https://osap.gov.on.ca/OSAPPortal

brighta

Jul 24, 2012
Hello forum members
Please let me know how important is (i.e job wise)to have MPH on correspondance from canada's Universities/colleges before landing or after landing? are there any opportunites to find a job in Government or private companies for doctors holding MPH. Those who have landed or have information please share your info with us.

brighta

Jul 24, 2012
brighta said:
Hello forum members
Please let me know how important is (i.e job wise)to have MPH on correspondance from canada's Universities/colleges before landing or after landing? are there any opportunites to find a job in Government or private companies for doctors holding MPH. Those who have landed or have information please share your info with us.
dear seniors
Please comment...

kings80

Oct 5, 2012
brighta said:
Hello forum members

Please also give views about importance/status of WHO sponsored MPH from country of citizenship.

Regards

uttal

Mar 5, 2013
can u tell me is it better to go through basic subject(Msc or like that ). plz explain me detail

ramaneen

Feb 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 APR 2010
AOR Received.
OCT 2010
Med's Request
13 FEB 2013
Med's Done....
5 MARCH 2013.MED FURTH SENT ON 26 JULY2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13 FEB 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dm on 10 oct 2013
LANDED..........
booked tickets for 26 jan 2014
any doctors in this forum lets connect

ramaneen

Feb 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 APR 2010
AOR Received.
OCT 2010
Med's Request
13 FEB 2013
Med's Done....
5 MARCH 2013.MED FURTH SENT ON 26 JULY2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
13 FEB 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dm on 10 oct 2013
LANDED..........
booked tickets for 26 jan 2014
hi ,
I am from india shortly landing at Toronto. How is Calgary jobwise?i mean to say alternative jobs in healthcare.

rayquest

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
hi
i have a question
does 1 yr house job count towards experience and pointed awarded ? and 2 working experience as RMO in a hospital
would it count ?
and what is intern ? in the job description mean ?
and how many months does MEDICAL COUNCIL OF TAKE TO EVALUATE? IT DEPENDS ON COUNTRY ?
PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW CAN I APPLY FOR CANADA IMMIGRATION

AND HOW TO GET A JOB DESCRIPTION ? SAME AS LOR?
WHAT TO AS DEAN OR HOSPITAL FOR ?
PLEASE REPLY AS POSSIBLE
MED GRAD 2011
CURRENTLY WORKING AS A RMO

albabeu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-05-2015
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2015
LANDED..........
Soon...
Hello everybody,

My husband and I are starting the application, but are not sure about something:

My husband is a Medical Doctor, and he'll be the principal applicant.

In case we go to Canada, what does it happen about the stay permit/residency/passport issue? If for many reasons, my husband won't be able to work as a MD (so the profession he's applied for), does this penalize us from getting the Canadian Residency?

Thank you for your help

asthenos

May 17, 2014
MBBS degree and 3.5 yrs of experience of GP experiece

hello qorax .
i wanted a piece of advice frm YOU, if JUST a MBBS degree (India) with 3.5 years of GP experience is ok for application under federal skill worker category? bcz it says

"Employment requirements

 A bachelor's degree
or
In Quebec, completion of a college program and
one year of pre-medicine university studies is
usually required.

 Graduation from an approved medical school
and
Two to three years of family medicine residency
training are required."

So i wanted to if i am eligible or its a must to have Family medicine residency?

dr-kk

Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any info regarding job status