+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doctor says there's no "permanent resident" option for upfront medical exams in their system

edw

Nov 9, 2017
I called the doctor's office to schedule my appointment for the medical exam, required to finish my application after having received the Invitation to Apply for the Permanent Residency.

First they required the letter I received, which I explained it wasn't the case. I explained it was an upfront exam, but they said that for this one, in the system they have to choose between "Work", "Student", "Visitor" or "Refugee".

As I don't fit to any of the categories, I don't know what to answer them, and most of all, if that won't create any problem or delay in the future.

Any thoughts?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I called the doctor's office to schedule my appointment for the medical exam, required to finish my application after having received the Invitation to Apply for the Permanent Residency.

First they required the letter I received, which I explained it wasn't the case. I explained it was an upfront exam, but they said that for this one, in the system they have to choose between "Work", "Student", "Visitor" or "Refugee".

As I don't fit to any of the categories, I don't know what to answer them, and most of all, if that won't create any problem or delay in the future.

Any thoughts?
On my medical it says: Upfront medical type Worker. If you're not sure your doctor is familiar with the system maybe try contacting someone else from the panel?