Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi, my husband (American) and I (Canadian born) have every intention of moving to Canada as soon as possible. We currently live in the US with our two kids (Canadian citizens, American-born).

We have only lived here since Oct 30, 2011 because of my husband's job. Without knowing when we might be approved how can we prove our intention to move?

So far this is what we have...

We have letters from family and friends
I have bank accounts in Canada
I have looked into daycare for my kids but will not register for anything until we move
My husband is interested in doing a second Masters at U of T but again, we will not enroll until we move
I stay at home with the kids and my husband is hoping to telework with the same company he works for now (therefore we do not have a job offer)
Our lease in the US is over July 31st but we won't be looking for any place to rent until we get confirmation that our application is approved.
I have a green card that I will be giving up.
We will close our US bank accounts but I'm not sure how to prove this.

Any other ideas? We are sincere in our desire to move to Canada but I worry that we don't have any hard evidence.

Thanks

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
It's about proving intentions, so copies of the things you have, printouts of the websites you have looked at, copies of any emails received in relation to your enquiries about daycare, etc - these all help to paint a picture of your intentions. I'd also write a letter detailing just what you have said in your post. Writing a plan isn't a bad idea either, just to show you have considered all the aspects and know what you will be doing as soon as you are able to move.

CanadianWife13

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Maryland, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Hi, my husband (American) and I (Canadian born) have every intention of moving to Canada as soon as possible. We currently live in the US with our two kids (Canadian citizens, American-born).

We have only lived here since Oct 30, 2011 because of my husband's job. Without knowing when we might be approved how can we prove our intention to move?

I have looked into daycare for my kids but will not register for anything until we move
My husband is interested in doing a second Masters at U of T but again, we will not enroll until we move
I stay at home with the kids and my husband is hoping to telework with the same company he works for now (therefore we do not have a job offer)
Our lease in the US is over July 31st but we won't be looking for any place to rent until we get confirmation that our application is approved.

Any other ideas? We are sincere in our desire to move to Canada but I worry that we don't have any hard evidence.

Thanks

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017

Thanks
So, can you refresh your memory and list again what prove of intentions to return to Canada you ended up?

We live in Detroit area and I know that I (dual citizen) can commute to my US workplace from Windsor, ON, but afraid that continuation to work outside of Canada is not very good point with prove of our intention.

DEBBIEG

Jun 25, 2016
Oregon
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-28-2016
Doc's Request.
27-10-2016
AOR Received.
08-18-2016
File Transfer...
8-30-2016
Med's Request
completed upfront
Med's Done....
06-07-016
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017

Thanks

I relied mostly on letters from friends and family that attested to the fact that a move (back to Canada for me and immigration for my husband) is something that we have been planning and organizing for quite some time.

Also, in the Sponsor Questionnaire itself, for #11 I put that we would start the application for housing and employment once we got approved. I very politely pointed out that those tasks are difficult without a date range but we have been researching the area.