Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Hi Everyone ,

Not Everyone would agree with me, but thats fine, I should have written this long time ago but any late than never . I moved to Canada in 2012 and she has been very kind to me so far . Below are my tips that really can help you

1. Do not try to save money and stay in a Basement place , This will only affect your morale negatively . You no need to have a mansion but alteast a place with proper windows, may be a park , view e.t.c . Getting a job and settling down dosnt start with your resume , it starts in your head and you should be happy in the place you live.

2. Do not stay far from "where its happening" - What I mean is that most of the time the advise you get is to live in suburb and commute everyday to downtown to work . Do not do this , you might be saving a little bit on rent on Suburb however in the bigger picture time is money and you will be saving more in that way, also you would be renting anyway first couple of years , so live in downtown spent extra time at work and succeed in your job and kill it instead of running to catch your train or bus.

3. I might offend people by saying this but still i will say it . Avoid looking for your own background, looking for place to live of your own Race, nationality e.t.c. This is not going to help you integrate into the society faster . Anyway you have made the big leap into the unknown so why worry ? be brave and you will be rewarded.

4.There will be people telling you that "oh you need to study more , attend a 2 year program, your resume is not good " do not fall for this crap , may be some limited jobs you might have to do the Canadian equivalent education but other than that you are here part of the skilled worker cat, So you are skilled and be confident and do not waste a single penny for any one who says he can do a resume for a price.

5. If you are a sport fan it helps , you might be very new to the North American sports like me but once you get into it , thats is a great conversation starter for you meeting new people.

more points to follow , in the mean time if you have any questions be reply to this thread or PM me .

cheers & good luck

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone ,

Not Everyone would agree with me, but thats fine, I should have written this long time ago but any late than never . I moved to Canada in 2012 and she has been very kind to me so far . Below are my tips that really can help you

1. Do not try to save money and stay in a Basement place , This will only affect your morale negatively . You no need to have a mansion but alteast a place with proper windows, may be a park , view e.t.c . Getting a job and settling down dosnt start with your resume , it starts in your head and you should be happy in the place you live.

2. Do not stay far from "where its happening" - What I mean is that most of the time the advise you get is to live in suburb and commute everyday to downtown to work . Do not do this , you might be saving a little bit on rent on Suburb however in the bigger picture time is money and you will be saving more in that way, also you would be renting anyway first couple of years , so live in downtown spent extra time at work and succeed in your job and kill it instead of running to catch your train or bus.

3. I might offend people by saying this but still i will say it . Avoid looking for your own background, looking for place to live of your own Race, nationality e.t.c. This is not going to help you integrate into the society faster . Anyway you have made the big leap into the unknown so why worry ? be brave and you will be rewarded.

4.There will be people telling you that "oh you need to study more , attend a 2 year program, your resume is not good " do not fall for this crap , may be some limited jobs you might have to do the Canadian equivalent education but other than that you are here part of the skilled worker cat, So you are skilled and be confident and do not waste a single penny for any one who says he can do a resume for a price.

5. If you are a sport fan it helps , you might be very new to the North American sports like me but once you get into it , thats is a great conversation starter for you meeting new people.

more points to follow , in the mean time if you have any questions be reply to this thread or PM me .

cheers & good luck
Totally. The only point I would slightly disagree on is number 2. Definitely stay downtown, but to explore and enjoy city life. not to burn extra hours in office. Personally I totally abhor people who burn midnight oil at their work trying to impress their bosses. This is not right. If your stipulated work hours are 8, then work truthfully for 8 hours and leave. Let your work speak for itself. Working late and extra hour is honestly a cultural disease.

Also, I could not agree more on point 3. I know ppl are attached to their countries, people and culture. But when you go a new country, try to explore what it has to offer. By trying to find your own countrymen, and trying to live in the same locality, strict no. this is how ghettos are born.

singh84a

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone ,

cheers & good luck
Bingo! Right on target - Good Job

Indocan56

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/2014
Nomination.....
PER - 04/03/2015
AOR Received.
28/04/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
SLU 23/03/2015
Med's Request
24/09/2015
Med's Done....
05/10/2015/. 7th Line Medical Received update 14.10.15
Interview........
Waived- Status changes to 'Decision Made' on 5th Feb'16
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 2016
andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone ,

cheers & good luck
Great insights !!!

tonero

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
IELTS Request
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2016
LANDED..........
18-07-2016
I support this and agree to most of the point and i already live here.

KINGSLEY JOHN

Sep 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 -12-2014
Doc's Request.
Hospital BC and Immunization cards for Children; Updated PCC
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
4-09-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone ,

cheers & good luck
Nice piece. Thanks

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excellent !!. +1. Waiting for more....

Any tip for job hunting, salary negotiation or cracking interviews in Canada ?

zaynahdream

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
included in application
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
05-04-2016
Interview........
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2017
LANDED..........
InshAllah very soon
andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone ,

cheers & good luck

very positive!!! will take this into consideration... thanks to you

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
I have to admit, finding a place for myself to live in is the part that freaks me out the most haha. I won't have a Canadian credit history, no Canadian employment, and no Canadian guarantor when I land there lol- how can I expect any landlord to trust me?

cknouman

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone ,

cheers & good luck
Spot on! +1

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Aragorn165 said:
I have to admit, finding a place for myself to live in is the part that freaks me out the most haha. I won't have a Canadian credit history, no Canadian employment, and no Canadian guarantor when I land there lol- how can I expect any landlord to trust me?
Some landlords will be okay to overlook credit history if u can show a permanent job.