+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do You Need a Return Air Ticket on a 4-Year Work Visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl Not sure about visa, that might be of 1 or 2 years, question is based on a duration of a 4 year employment offer.
You cannot have a 4 year employment offer. The government would not approve a LMIA for that long. Not possible. What is the job? Do you have an approved government LMIA to apply for a closed work permit? Or you have both? Does it offer anything free - airfare, housing, food, transportation - if so fake.

Hammad Minhas

Feb 16, 2024
I already have a letter from a reputable Canadian firm offering a solid six-figure salary. I'm waiting for the LMIA and other final documentation from IRCC, but I've already paid the initial insurance fee and also got a medical report form, for my complete medical examination, so don't worry about whether it's legitimate or not; my question was about purchasing an airline ticket simply :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I already have a letter from a reputable Canadian firm offering a solid six-figure salary. I'm waiting for the LMIA and other final documentation from IRCC, but I've already paid the initial insurance fee and also got a medical report form, for my complete medical examination, so don't worry about whether it's legitimate or not; my question was about purchasing an airline ticket simply :)
There is no such thing as insurance fee. Don’t need ticket. Hopefully you have paid no money at this point. There is no documentation required from IRCC during LMIA process, as IRCC is not involved in LMIA process. EDSC approves LMIA. Once you have LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit through IRCC.

Hammad Minhas

Feb 16, 2024
There is no such thing as insurance fee. Don’t need ticket. Hopefully you have paid no money at this point. There is no documentation required from IRCC during LMIA process, as IRCC is not involved in LMIA process. EDSC approves LMIA. Once you have LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit through IRCC.

"Now for the arguments of this health insurance Program for an individual it's $43.87 per month, this insurance project will be valid throughout your work permit validity period (2years) which will sum up to $1053.62 for 2years."

This is from the most recent "Health Insurance Letter" I received from IRCC under my UCI number, which requested that I deposit the money for two years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
"Now for the arguments of this health insurance Program for an individual it's $43.87 per month, this insurance project will be valid throughout your work permit validity period (2years) which will sum up to $1053.62 for 2years."

This is from the most recent "Health Insurance Letter" I received from IRCC under my UCI number, which requested that I deposit the money for two years.
IRCC doesn’t issue a health insurance letter. IRCC will not tell you to buy health insurance. IRCC has nothing to do with it. If you work in Canada with a work permit, you are covered under provincial health care. No need for insurance unless through your company but that would be deducted from each paystub. Who did you pay the money too? IRCC through your GCKey account?

Hammad Minhas

Feb 16, 2024

I have already transferred the specified money to my lawyer. Fingers crossed, your comment got me thinking. I hope for the best. :O
And yes it is supposed to be submitted to IRCC.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have already transferred the specified money to my lawyer. Fingers crossed, your comment got me thinking. I hope for the best. :O
And yes it is supposed to be submitted to IRCC.
So ask your lawyer what it is because there is no such thing. IRCC would have no involvement during the LMIA process nor ask for money. Make sure you aren’t being scammed. You should not have to pay for anything until you apply for a closed work permit.

May I ask what is the job with a reputable company? Does the offer have housing, food, airfare etc?

Last edited:

Hammad Minhas

Feb 16, 2024
It is a job offer for a Project Manager (IT), with just a full health insurance plan provided. There was no mention of food, accommodation, or travel in the offer letter I got. I guess it is a closed work permit, limited to the same employer.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is a job offer for a Project Manager (IT), with just a full health insurance plan provided. There was no mention of food, accommodation, or travel in the offer letter I got. I guess it is a closed work permit, limited to the same employer.
Ok, but why have you paid over $1k to “IRCC” for health. Tell your lawyer that once you have LMIA that you will apply for the closed work permit and have access to your account. Do you have an address for your employer? Did you interview for the job?