+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you have to fillup this Residence Outside Canada [Form CIT 0177] if you..

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Hi

While applying Citizenship application for a Permanent resident,
Do you have to fill up this Residence Outside Canada [Form CIT 0177] if that person got married to a lady who is a Chinese national only?

Regards

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jnathan said:
Hi

Do you have to fill up this Residence Outside Canada [Form CIT 0177] if that person got married to a lady who is a Chinese national only?

Regards
What are you applying for and are you currently outside Canada?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Applicant is living in Canada and wants to sponsor her spouse outside.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jnathan said:
Applicant is living in Canada and wants to sponsor her spouse outside.
I suppose you are a PR/Citizen of Canada and want to sponsor your spouse.

If yes, you should follow this links:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp (You should select the appropriate drop down options and you will get the appropriate checklist)

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
jnathan said:
Two questions:

1) Who is the principal applicant? The person or the Chinese National lady
2) What is the purpose of application? Citizenship or spousal sponsorship?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
jnathan said:
Hi

The CIT 01777 form is used only if the applicant for citizenship claims to be eligible for credit toward the physical presence requirement for time spent outside Canada based on either:
-- the PR-applicant was employed abroad as a Crown servant, or
-- the PR-applicant was living with a Canadian (citizen or PR) family member (such as a spouse) who was employed abroad as a Crown servant

Thus, very few Permanent Residents applying for citizenship will submit the CIT 0177 form.

In particular, you do NOT use or submit this form unless you (the PR applying for citizenship) have been employed abroad as a Crown servant, or your spouse is a PR and was employed abroad as a Crown servant.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Hello,

I have a similar question and was wondering if anyone could provide some feedback.

Post C6 bill implementation I am eligible to apply for citizenship as confirmed by the physical presence calculator available on CIC. However, my job took me outside of Canada from Nov 2016-Present. The current application states (Question 9c) to fill out form CIT0177E if you have lived outside of Canada in the eligibility period. When I look at the CIT0177E form, it mentions that the applicant or applicant's family member working outside of Canada for armed forces or government related work should fill in the form.
However, this is not the situation I am in. I moved out due to my job (that is not in the armed forces or goverment job category). Form does not elaborate on for people in my situation.

Would anybody know what to do in this situation?

Reactions: sridhar249

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello,

I have a similar question and was wondering if anyone could provide some feedback.

Post C6 bill implementation I am eligible to apply for citizenship as confirmed by the physical presence calculator available on CIC. However, my job took me outside of Canada from Nov 2016-Present. The current application states (Question 9c) to fill out form CIT0177E if you have lived outside of Canada in the eligibility period. When I look at the CIT0177E form, it mentions that the applicant or applicant's family member working outside of Canada for armed forces or government related work should fill in the form.
However, this is not the situation I am in. I moved out due to my job (that is not in the armed forces or goverment job category). Form does not elaborate on for people in my situation.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/c-6-citizenship-applications-frequently-asked-questions.522548/

sshahzads

Sep 11, 2012
Hi. I have lived in Canada during my PR period, Now as I am going to apply for my Citizenship, Do I have to fill out and attache form CIT 0177? I have travelled outside Canada many times but to visit family or vacation, never worked outside as a crown servant or a spouse of crown servant.
Please advise.
Thanks
Shahzad

Reactions: Nargis Parveen

liammulrooney

Dec 17, 2017
Hi. I have lived in Canada during my PR period, Now as I am going to apply for my Citizenship, Do I have to fill out and attache form CIT 0177? I have travelled outside Canada many times but to visit family or vacation, never worked outside as a crown servant or a spouse of crown servant.
Please advise.
Thanks
Shahzad

I am also in the same situation as this and do not know if I need to fill in the CIT 0177 form. It does state on the CIT 0002e main application for that I do need to but the form does not appear applicable to me in any way.

Any help greatly appreciated..

Sara Sha

Jan 7, 2018
Hello,

I have the same problem. Do you know what should be our home address and mailing address? Can it be in the US? Or should it be in Canada? I would appreciate if you give a response?

Reactions: sridhar249

sridhar249

Oct 7, 2014
Hello,

Hi niks1, I am in the same situation and wondering what you have done. Please help.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

sridhar249

Oct 7, 2014
I have the same problem. Do you know what should be our home address and mailing address? Can it be in the US? Or should it be in Canada? I would appreciate if you give a response?
Hi Sara,

I am in the same situation. What did you do for this?

Thanks,
Sridhar.