+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

shahza429

May 14, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am in process of applying TRV what should i answer for this question

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

My son is Permanent resident but when i check defination of family member it says

Family Member
An applicant's closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

so my son who is permanent resident of canada is not my dependent any more so shall i choose yes or no.

thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am in process of applying TRV what should i answer for this question

My son is Permanent resident but when i check defination of family member it says

Family Member
An applicant's closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

so my son who is permanent resident of canada is not my dependent any more so shall i choose yes or no.

thanks in advance.
Yes you need to indicate that your son is a PR.