+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do withdrawal of application under paragraph 42(1) of the IRRR will affect my Student Visa Applction

acelee15

Jan 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I had my temporary resident visa last year and travelled to Canada to visit a family friend and see if the school's environment there is okay. Unluckily, the Immigration Officer "IO" stopped my entry due to the resignation letter that he saw on my email. With that, he offered me to voluntarily withdraw my application and leave Canada without delay. To avoid any future problems and to show them that I have no intention on over-staying there, I voluntarily withdraw my application. I remembered that the IO said, if ever I'm planning to go back to Canada, I just need to re-apply for a new temporary resident visa, as the existing one is no longer valid. Days after I came back to my home country, I received an email from their Immigration body in my country. They mentioned that my visa has been cancelled. Should I decide to return to Canada, I'll be needing to apply for a new visa as the current one is no longer valid.

Now, I'm applying for student visa. I mentioned earlier that one of my agenda on travelling to Canada is to check the environment of the schools to see myself if I'm okay to study there. My question is, will that incident happened to me will affect my student visa application? I got all the documents in order and even have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate "GIC" that I acquired from Scotia bank. The only thing that is worrying me is that incident.

Thanks in advance for your kind answers.

Meghab

Apr 21, 2020
Hi everyone,

I had my temporary resident visa last year and travelled to Canada to visit a family friend and see if the school's environment there is okay. Unluckily, the Immigration Officer "IO" stopped my entry due to the resignation letter that he saw on my email. With that, he offered me to voluntarily withdraw my application and leave Canada without delay. To avoid any future problems and to show them that I have no intention on over-staying there, I voluntarily withdraw my application. I remembered that the IO said, if ever I'm planning to go back to Canada, I just need to re-apply for a new temporary resident visa, as the existing one is no longer valid. Days after I came back to my home country, I received an email from their Immigration body in my country. They mentioned that my visa has been cancelled. Should I decide to return to Canada, I'll be needing to apply for a new visa as the current one is no longer valid.

Now, I'm applying for student visa. I mentioned earlier that one of my agenda on travelling to Canada is to check the environment of the schools to see myself if I'm okay to study there. My question is, will that incident happened to me will affect my student visa application? I got all the documents in order and even have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate "GIC" that I acquired from Scotia bank. The only thing that is worrying me is that incident.

Thanks in advance for your kind answers.
Hello
I got the same letter 42(1).
Please let me know whether it affected your study visa application.
I am really worried.
Please let me know
meghabanga82@gmail.com