+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do Widower require marrage certificate with have dependent children??

hirensos

Sep 25, 2019
Dear all member,
Here I like to post my case......Your help and comment would be really appreciated.

I am 45 year old from India. I had married in 1998 and unfortunately I lost my wife in 2003 just after I have baby of just 6 month. Now today after 16 yrs of my life with status of widower, I am going to apply for PR. I have death certificate of my wife but, we didn't registered marriage as before 2007 in India registration of marriage was not mandatory.However I have temple certificate where we had been married. As Indian law if any body looking for marriage certificate both person need to be alive.

In above concern all your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear all member,
Here I like to post my case......Your help and comment would be really appreciated.

I am 45 year old from India. I had married in 1998 and unfortunately I lost my wife in 2003 just after I have baby of just 6 month. Now today after 16 yrs of my life with status of widower, I am going to apply for PR. I have death certificate of my wife but, we didn't registered marriage as before 2007 in India registration of marriage was not mandatory.However I have temple certificate where we had been married. As Indian law if any body looking for marriage certificate both person need to be alive.

In above concern all your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Yes death certificate should be fine. Getting at 45 will be very difficult.

hirensos

Sep 25, 2019
You can have a child and not get married. Include all information specified.
I have got marrage in 1998 in temple as on religion basis but not resisted with government as it wasn't compulsory in India. In 2007 government impose law of compulsory registration of marrage in India. However I lost my wife in 2003 so, how I can have marriage certificate is my hurdle.

Thanks in advance

hirensos

Sep 25, 2019
You can have a child and not get married. Include all information specified.
I have got marrage in 1998 in temple as on religion basis but not resisted with government as it wasn't compulsory in India. In 2007 government impose law of compulsory registration of marrage in India. However I lost my wife in 2003 so, how I can have marriage certificate for PR is my hurdle.

Thanks in advance
No big deal, just attach temple certificate and death certificate along with letter of explanation.
Thanks...lambbreaker.....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have got marrage in 1998 in temple as on religion basis but not resisted with government as it wasn't compulsory in India. In 2007 government impose law of compulsory registration of marrage in India. However I lost my wife in 2003 so, how I can have marriage certificate for PR is my hurdle.

Thanks in advance

Thanks...lambbreaker.....
No big deal, just attach temple certificate and death certificate along with letter of explanation.
Agree.