+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do WES recognize distance learning MBA? If YES, from which University in India

madhavjgd

Mar 27, 2016
Hi all,

I am planning to do distance learning MBA from any recognized university in India. Can anyone tell me which university would be best to take admission into? Which university do WES recognize?

P.S. : Answers expected only from those who have gone through the process and cleared their WES recognition

Regards

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
madhavjgd said:
Hi all,

I am planning to do distance learning MBA from any recognized university in India. Can anyone tell me which university would be best to take admission into? Which university do WES recognize?

P.S. : Answers expected only from those who have gone through the process and cleared their WES recognition

Regards
Since you are posting this on canadavisa forum I assume you intend to use WES evaluation for canadian PR application. SO the real question you gota ask is whether distance MBA is going to get you points, the answer is NO, only full time on campus degrees are acceptable. Own understanding not a legal advice.

madhavjgd

Mar 27, 2016
Yes this is for PR. But I have heard they do consider points. I would like to hear from the people who have applied the same and went through process

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
prakash419 said:
Since you are posting this on canadavisa forum I assume you intend to use WES evaluation for canadian PR application. SO the real question you gota ask is whether distance MBA is going to get you points, the answer is NO, only full time on campus degrees are acceptable. Own understanding not a legal advice.
do you have a reference to this?
many people in past have used WES for distance degrees and have got it recognised.

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
I have also heard they do. Just make sure the Uni is AICTE approved.

madhavjgd said:
Yes this is for PR. But I have heard they do consider points. I would like to hear from the people who have applied the same and went through process

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
mkcan said:
I have also heard they do. Just make sure the Uni is AICTE approved.
as long as the Uni AND the program BOTH are approved by UGC + DEB and AICTE(in case of technical qualifications) AT the time of admission, it will be recognised and you will get points for it.

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Yes, Monavy.

Also, @madhav, the entire list of Universities recognized by WES is given on their website. You can check there. For example - they have clearly specified they do not evaluate degrees from Sikkim Manipal University (Indian).

madhavjgd said:
Hi all,

Regards

rajnsk

Feb 25, 2017
DOHA (QATAR)
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madhavjgd said:
Hi all,

Regards
Based on my friend's WES experience, the distance MBA or a full time PGDBA/M are considered equivalent to graduation.
All one needs to ensure is, the institution is AICTE affiliated.

Amit1529

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Dec-2016
Doc's Request.
08-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
MCA program offered by IGNOU is credited as Masters by WES

Reactions: desmat

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
madhavjgd said:
Hi all,

Regards
Don't go by the anything posted on this. Always refer the WES India affiliation guide.

To answer your query, yes it will be considered by WES as Masters provided the University is recognized by the UGC, etc. I'm saying this because I have MBA though distance mode from a UGC recognized University and WES evaluated it as Masters.

ashv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2016
Br33zer said:
Don't go by the anything posted on this. Always refer the WES India affiliation guide.

To answer your query, yes it will be considered by WES as Masters provided the University is recognized by the UGC, etc. I'm saying this because I have MBA though distance mode from a UGC recognized University and WES evaluated it as Masters.
Can you tell name of your university and course?

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
prakash419 said:
where did you got info that distance MBA not recognized by WES ? if the degree from approved university, distance education is evaluated to Canadian equivalent.
don't give heart attacks to members who are new.. :eek:

Himanshu@76453

Aug 6, 2018
where did you got info that distance MBA not recognized by WES ? if the degree from approved university, distance education is evaluated to Canadian equivalent.
don't give heart attacks to members who are new.. :eek:

Good one thanks i m doing part time pg now.

I have kc college of management studies in mumbai that is aicte approved but not in the list and other one is in the list but m interested in kc as faculty is good.
Which college should i go for?

Manu05

Aug 25, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Please suggest.

I have completed MBA (Distance) from ICFAI Sikkim, this month. Could you help me on the below queries.

Currently I'm having a work experience of 5 years in HR field. I heard from one of my friend that, if I show this Master's qualification for Express entry, my work experience would not be considered for CRS. The experience which is obtained after the latest "graduation" date is only considered as a valid work experience. Is that true? Is there any relationship between distance education graduation date and work experience?

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hi Everyone,

Please suggest.

I have completed MBA (Distance) from ICFAI Sikkim, this month. Could you help me on the below queries.

Currently I'm having a work experience of 5 years in HR field. I heard from one of my friend that, if I show this Master's qualification for Express entry, my work experience would not be considered for CRS. The experience which is obtained after the latest "graduation" date is only considered as a valid work experience. Is that true? Is there any relationship between distance education graduation date and work experience?
not it is not.. what matters is your current job description matches with NOC code you will select..