+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we still stand a chance? -Candidates around 380 scores

sambib

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have got 382 points. Cutoff score for last draw was 755 which is way too much for someone with 380 points. Does anyone here think candidates like me still stand a chance or is it better to give up?

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
sambib said:
Hello everyone,

I have got 382 points. Cutoff score for last draw was 755 which is way too much for someone with 380 points. Does anyone here think candidates like me still stand a chance or is it better to give up?
lets B positive..

scores will come down and we will get ITA

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am at 399 and there will be no chance for such a low score!! Start thinking about alternatives instead to sit on such a low score!! There is no use of this positive attitude until scores come close to 420 and they will not come

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Jaiveer Singh said:
I am at 399 and there will be no chance for such a low score!! Start thinking about alternatives instead to sit on such a low score!! There is no use of this positive attitude until scores come close to 420 and they will not come
u can plan some alternatives but in every process u have to be little optimistic...
On many of the links in this forum, senior members has discussed, why the score are high and not coming to lower levels. u can read that

pinkyshah

Apr 8, 2015
Sambib if anyways to increase yr score above 400 den pls try that bcoz as of now der is no hope for people below 400.Even ppl between 400-450 are not very hopeful. ..v just need to be our best and wait for some more draws

Hards_100

Dec 1, 2014
Mumbai
Do 380 stand a chance to get ITA this year??? Looking at the trend i dont think they want below 450 and also once job banks starts then points shall shoot up. Also, not to forget the number of new entries coming in pool daily...

Do I still have a chance?? ?

New2Ca

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There will be definitely a draw within this week and score will go back to 400-450 again!
Because there is no possibility to cut-off at 500+. The candidates with job offer or PNP already got in last draw.
The logic is, the candidate with job offer or PNP will be at least having 150 (+600) points. So no cut off between 500 to 750.
The new candidates added with PNP or job offer within this week (may be few hundreds) will be also included in the next draw.
The number can be again same say around 1500....
So don't loose hopes... be happy.. Cheers!

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New2Ca said:
There will be definitely a draw within this week and score will go back to 400-450 again!
Because there is no possibility to cut-off at 500+. The candidates with job offer or PNP already got in last draw.
The logic is, the candidate with job offer or PNP will be at least having 150 (+600) points. So no cut off between 500 to 750.
The new candidates added with PNP or job offer within this week (may be few hundreds) will be also included in the next draw.
The number can be again same say around 1500....
So don't loose hopes... be happy.. Cheers!
Impressive analysis New2Ca....!!

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would take a miracle and miracles do happen. Right now, even people above 400 are not guaranteed anything. Express Entry has changed the nature of Canadian Immigration for life. It is just a huge gamble to wait for months to take IELTS and wait for months to receive ECA when you know that you might never get invited to apply. Would you really take that gamble? Are you sure you want to make that emotional, psychological and financial investment? Do you really wanna risk your resources? Think about the physical stress. What about the trauma? Can you handle it? Think about it. It's not in your hands. Why not seek easier options?

sambib

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Well I have come to this conclusion that nothing is in our hands. Its all comes down to CIC's decision in the end. There's no harm in being optimistic but yes as the saying goes 'Hope for the best and prepare for the worst'

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Hards_100 said:
Do 380 stand a chance to get ITA this year??? Looking at the trend i dont think they want below 450 and also once job banks starts then points shall shoot up. Also, not to forget the number of new entries coming in pool daily...

Do I still have a chance?? ?
Everyone has a chance. The question is "is it a good one". Some will say yes, some will say no, nobody (other than CIC) knows for certain.

What I can say is that given CIC's released targets (how many invitations they are giving out), and the percentages released (which percent of FSW and CEC go to Express Entry), the points in the draws so far, and the distributions on the spreadsheet (assuming that they represent a reasonably similar distribution to the main express entry pool), then as things stand, I would not expect an ITA this year with a score of 380. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it would be extremely surprising. The next draw may help see where CIC is trying to go this year. It might not.

As for next year, I have no idea, and there is simply not enough public data for anyone at this point to make reasonable guesses.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tell you very simple theory!!

I got my pgwp for one year and even i am at 470, for safe side i would go for pnp because i cannot wait and waste my chance to even apply for any province pnp. On the other hand, if i have sufficient time like 2 to 3 years, then i would like to wait instead of collecting tons of documents and giving my money to government.

Its all depend what timeframe you are looking for. Little optimism is fine, but as a candidate at 399 i have no chance

trini_ac

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Jaiveer Singh said:
Tell you very simple theory!!

I got my pgwp for one year and even i am at 470, for safe side i would go for pnp because i cannot wait and waste my chance to even apply for any province pnp. On the other hand, if i have sufficient time like 2 to 3 years, then i would like to wait instead of collecting tons of documents and giving my money to government.

Its all depend what timeframe you are looking for. Little optimism is fine, but as a candidate at 399 i have no chance
I was thinking about going back to do a post graduate diploma and the criteria for pgwp was confusing. For your program of study did you only have two terms which would be eight months of study or was it a full three semesters to qualify for one year pgwp?

sambib

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Also what I think is, the next draw(10th draw) will make things even clearer. If the lowest score ITA of the next draw is similar to this one then the chances for people like us are practically NIL this year. Then we should accept the fact and move on to Plan B(for those who have Plan B).

aravindkumarh

Jan 3, 2015
Nobody can predict the scores of future draws or the plans of CIC. For now we know the minimum points invited were 453. Try improving your profile score.

I am currently at 391 and going to rewrite IELTS exam with a target R8 L8.5 W7.5 and S7.5. My current score is R8 L8.5 W7 and S6.5

If i achieve my new score target my EE points shoot up to 454. Cheers. Gotta do some homework and practice on Writing and Speaking and improve my scores somehow.

Cheers