+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we qualify as conjugal? Please help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, if he proceeds as single application. Should he needs to declare me in his application? I read some posts that you need to declare your partner as spouse or common law so it will be easier to sponsor them somehow. But the option is spouse or common law and we are not both. Im confuse.
You should only declare if you are married or common law. You actually have to declare. It’s not an option.

Bomer

Sep 22, 2020
You should only declare if you are married or common law. You actually have to declare. It’s not an option.
Thanks. So since we did not meet the requirement of common law not even spouse. Then he can proceed with single application and once he receive his PR by God's grace he can then sponsor me under conjugal. Right?

Bomer

Sep 22, 2020
Thanks. Since our consultant/agency already submitted our application under EE with common-law is it possible that we can change it to single application? We have not submitted the documents yet but i think they already open an account for us under EE with common law.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks. Since our consultant/agency already submitted our application under EE with common-law is it possible that we can change it to single application? We have not submitted the documents yet but i think they already open an account for us under EE with common law.
Think your consultant only made you and submitted an EE profile (not a PR application) so yes it can be changed.

Reactions: canuck78