+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to write names in native language in IMM5406E: Additional Family Info?

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi!! sorry for responding to an old thread.. Is it imperative to have names written in English and native language? I'm awar it's explicitly mentioned in the form, but I live in a metropolitan city and not very well versed with my native language. Would it be okay if I only write it and send it in english?
Please do consider responding. Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi!! sorry for responding to an old thread.. Is it imperative to have names written in English and native language? I'm awar it's explicitly mentioned in the form, but I live in a metropolitan city and not very well versed with my native language. Would it be okay if I only write it and send it in english?
If your name is different in your native language than in English, you need to write it.

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
If your name is different in your native language than in English, you need to write it.
Just giving an example: Like if my "English name's" Peter and it's "french" translation "Pierre", then I would have to mention that by writing it in native french right?
well that's not the case with me; my name's not of Indian origin. However, I could have it handwritten in hindi. Sanskrit scripts.
Would that be necessary? would it be returned for being incomplete?
Thanks for responding.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Just giving an example: Like if my "English name's" Peter and it's "french" translation "Pierre", then I would have to mention that by writing it in native french right?
well that's not the case with me; my name's not of Indian origin. However, I could have it handwritten in hindi. Sanskrit scripts.
Would that be necessary? would it be returned for being incomplete?
Thanks for responding.
No. You don't "translate" names that can be written in English. If your legal name was Peter, you would just write Peter. If your legal name was Pierre, then you would just write Pierre.

The native language requirement applies to people with names that aren't written in English.

Reactions: Johnnextdoor

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
No. You don't "translate" names that can be written in English. If your legal name was Peter, you would just write Peter. If your legal name was Pierre, then you would just write Pierre.

The native language requirement applies to people with names that aren't written in English.
Okay. Now I get it. Thanks so much for the vindication..
I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to one's queries.
Thanks.

MoE93

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Ottawa
to be honest, I send it only in English, they accepted it

imanhedeshy

Oct 8, 2022
Hi everyone
so is it supposed to be separated by- or something?
for example: my name in persian is ایمان
should I put the name like this:
Iman - ایمان

thanks

Kabul786

Nov 26, 2020
Hi everyone
so is it supposed to be separated by- or something?
for example: my name in persian is ایمان
should I put the name like this:
Iman - ایمان

thanks
Write first name then last name in English then persian.
for example: Baqer Bahman باقر بهمن

Hope it helps