+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to restore status? (and a couple other questions)

charlottehh

Oct 20, 2019
We put in an inland spousal sponsorship application with OWP near the end of May. At the time, my wife had visitor status.

I (the sponsor) got an email from IRCC in early August confirming receipt of my application to sponsor. We never got an email confirming receipt of her PR or OWP applications.

In late August her OWP application was returned, claiming that we didn't include the receipt for the fees (I'm pretty sure we did, but whatever). By that point, her original visitor status had expired.

My main question is:
1. Since only the OWP application was returned and not the PR, does she still have implied status, or do we need to apply to restore?

Additionally:
2. There's nothing on CAS or MyCIC about her OWP being returned; is that normal?
3. Is the email to me (about my application to sponsor) our AOR? Or have we not received that yet.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You don't get implied status from the PR app, only the OWP.

You need to restore to visitor status to be able to reapply for the OWP.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
You don't get implied status from the PR app, only the OWP.

You need to restore to visitor status to be able to reapply for the OWP.
Could the PA send both applications at the same time?

I know for PR and restoration you could send both but maybe these have to be 2 separate applications?

OP, make sure you are within the 90 days restoration window or you'll have more issues on hand