+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do we need to have sanctioned loan before applying visa ? seniors please help

samy909

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
guys !!

i requested for loan in my SBI branch and they gave me a letter and said we will approve the loan once u get visa/study permit.

now my doubt is .do i need to get the loan sanctioned before i submit my study permit application ? or the loan letter is enough ?

do any of you guys got loan sanctioned before filing visa ??

this is what my bank wrote in loan letter

"We have pleasure to inform that we are in principle agreeable for sanction of education loan for rupees 25 lakhs to (My name) . s/o ( my fathers name ) and ( my mothers name ).subject to fulfillment of SBI student loan scheme guide line"

below this they wrote .all the details of my university,course , loan amount , security and other details.

jas24

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Re: do we need to have loan sanctioned before applying visa ? seniors please help

no....i dun think so ..if u have enough funds to cover ur expenses and applying under gic there is nothing like that is mandatory.........

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Re: do we need to have loan sanctioned before applying visa ? seniors please help

i think GIC certificate is necessary before you apply for visa. GIC is mandatory if you are applying under SPP. otherwise you can avoid it.