+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to carry financial proof when we land?

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
If you are carrying bank statements then ensure they are latest ones last few months. Though most of the time one is not asked any question on POF however, we need to be ensure from our side that we can prove that we have the required funds. I was also in a similar dilemma whether the documents I had were complete or not. Just sharing what I did from my side, might or might not be absolutely correct
- last 6 months bank statement
- as the statements were computer generated got the same stamped from my bank
- got a letter from my bank showing the balance I had. This letter needs to be on bank letter head and stamped. Also, got it close to my date of travel.
- ensured I had internet access to my account. Worst scenario I could have proved that there is money in my account by logging onto it.
- There can be questions on how one would be moving funds to Canada. Ensured I had an international debit card for the above account so that I would be in a position to withdraw money in Canada.

Reactions: KiranK

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for sharing the info guys. I spoke to few others as well. They had the same experience. They usually dont ask us to show the bank statement or bank letter. They will ask about how much you are carrying and whether you have declared it if over $10,000. To be on the safe side, carry an international mastercard or visa debit card as well beside the bank statement or letter as suggested by the members who have recently landed.

Thank you all who have shared their valuable experiences in this thread & forum. I hope it is all clear now what to do or not to do. Best wishes to everyone! :)

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
since it's required more than 10k (canadian) POF for a single candidate, I see it as bringing 10k US dollars cash (roughly 13k Canadian).
So when I declare that I have more than 10k, I'll have to pay fee/taxes ? which will make me short and admission denied ? :)

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
since it's required more than 10k (canadian) POF for a single candidate, I see it as bringing 10k US dollars cash (roughly 13k Canadian).
So when I declare that I have more than 10k, I'll have to pay fee/taxes ? which will make me short and admission denied ? :)
i actually have no idea what happens if you carry more than $10k , i think they seize it initially.
better to carry some travellers cheques also.

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
We can bring as much as we want to canada for settlement and it is not taxed. Canadian government appreciates it as they won't be able to assist us financially. All we will have to do is declare. Even if someone doesn't carry cash, but carry traveller's chq more than $10,000, still have to declare. Please correct me if I am wrong.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ttd-vdd-eng.html