+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to add tenancy agreement with applicable

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
To prove last four years address in Canada

Do we need to add tenancy agreement with citizenship application

I know in the checklist it did not ask to add

But for the safe side should we do or not ?

Please reply , it would be helpful for me .

Thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
follow the document checklist. No need for extra stuff

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Sumonaney said:
To prove last four years address in Canada

Do we need to add tenancy agreement with citizenship application

I know in the checklist it did not ask to add

But for the safe side should we do or not ?

Please reply , it would be helpful for me .

Thanks

While queries similar to this are very common, there is little doubt about the "safe" approach; the consensus soundly concurs, as observed by canvis2006, and I agree: follow the document checklist.

That is follow the instructions. The "safe side" is following the instructions.

Because questions like this are so common, I will expand on this, mostly as a reminder:

When in doubt, follow the instructions; otherwise, yep, follow the instructions.

OK, sure, some deviation from the instructions is common, and I personally included Notices of Assessments with my application, for example, which most likely made no difference whatsoever in how things went for my application, and which had to do with particular circumstances, both relative to my personal work history and relative to what were known RQ triggers at the time (back in early 2013).

But there are no for-sure indications that anyone's case has been helped by including additional documentation with the application (some believe it did, but the evidence is weak at best).

I included NoAs and was still asked questions about my employment at my interview, and those were actually the only somewhat probing questions I was asked (did including my NoA actually trigger more concern about my work history? no way to know). There are lots of indications and some definitive reports (both from internal CIC memos obtained through the ATI process and as reflected in published, official decisions about actual cases ending up before a Federal Court) showing that additional documents included with the application did NOT help. And wandering outside the lines (not following the instructions) always carries at least some risk, if only the risk that someone at IRCC will take notice of just that, that the applicant has wandered outside the lines, so then wonder if there is a reason why, and thus engage in more extensive probing in search of what that reason might be.

There was one case mentioned in internal CIC memos involving an applicant who had submitted documents amounting to the equivalent of a complete response to a full-blown RQ, who was issued RQ anyway, and when CIC was questioned about the need to respond, by a lawyer representing the applicant, CIC nonetheless informed the applicant and lawyer that yes, it was necessary for the applicant to submit a formal response to the RQ.

Bottom-line is that if additional documents might make a difference, then IRCC will formally request additional documents, and IRCC will almost always do that, formally, even if the applicant has submitted the documents with the application. In other words, submitting even documents which IRCC might want (later in the process) does not appear to help.