+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need return ticket on Visitor visa ?

kpr_upl

Nov 18, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I have few questions. My brother has visitor visa , he came for a month last year in 2018. This time he is coming for 3 to 4 months but we didn't book the return ticket. Does he needs to have to return ticket to enter canada? Last time they didnt ask for any funds or return ticket though.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,
I have few questions. My brother has visitor visa , he came for a month last year in 2018. This time he is coming for 3 to 4 months but we didn't book the return ticket. Does he needs to have to return ticket to enter canada? Last time they didnt ask for any funds or return ticket though.
Thanks
Yes - he should have a return ticket. Airline may not let him board with a one way.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi Everyone,
Thanks
Last time isn’t relevant. New trip, new entry . What would he do if the CBSA asked him for his return ticket , proof of funds ? They ask him “ How long are you staying ?”, He says “ XX days “, ok show me proof
Why people want to complicate things is beyond me

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Hi Everyone,
Thanks
Hi,

Not required at all.
Even my family members were here on TRV, CBSA & immigration officer just asked 'em length of stay.
Return ticket was not purchased & booked a month before they plan to return back.

Good Luck

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As per Scylla there is no guarantee that an airline will support checkin with a one way ticket with a TRV so brother should be ready for that in case, same goes for CBSA given just because some else implies not required every entry into the country is unique.

Chances are they only as above get asked when did they last visit and how long this time, which implies to CBSA they will leave the country having visited and left before.

Advice is always with CBSA only answer questions asked and do to not volunteer anything additional, the latter is generally when a discussion could lead to funds and return ticket question.