+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need PCC after getting positive decision on refugee case

Hussain262626

Dec 23, 2017
Hi everyone
Seek your advice that i have applied refugee case couple of month back, i had a personal loan and credit card from Dubai, since i left dubai a year back they bounced my security cheques and filed a case against me, my question is that if i get positive decision on my case, do i need to provide PCC from dubai and from the country of origin for refugee case or refugee claimants are exempted from this.

Thank you

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hi everyone
Seek your advice that i have applied refugee case couple of month back, i had a personal loan and credit card from Dubai, since i left dubai a year back they bounced my security cheques and filed a case against me, my question is that if i get positive decision on my case, do i need to provide PCC from dubai and from the country of origin for refugee case or refugee claimants are exempted from this.

Thank you
Yes you need to submit PCC where ever you stayed more then 6 months .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don't think you need it from the country of origin but other countries yes. Others can correct me if I am wrong.

Hussain262626

Dec 23, 2017
Don't think you need it from the country of origin but other countries yes. Others can correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you for your reply
But the problem here is that Dubai Police won't issue the clearance certificate unless otherwise cases are not cleared and right now I'm not in position that i could settle these loans, I'm afraid that in case of approval if they ask for the same what would i do then, since if i have have a life threat will they deny my case just bcoz of my financials which later on can be settled in installment plan as well

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply
But the problem here is that Dubai Police won't issue the clearance certificate unless otherwise cases are not cleared and right now I'm not in position that i could settle these loans, I'm afraid that in case of approval if they ask for the same what would i do then, since if i have have a life threat will they deny my case just bcoz of my financials which later on can be settled in installment plan as well
I would try to contact the lenders and arrange a payment plan so that you ca get pcc. Did you spend over 6 months in Dubai?

Hussain262626

Dec 23, 2017
I would try to contact the lenders and arrange a payment plan so that you ca get pcc. Did you spend over 6 months in Dubai?
Yes, actually i was in Dubai for few years and working as an accountant there, i went back to my home country and was attacked by goons who are behind us for quite some time, now i have some serious life thteats from them, my question here that will Canadaian gov consider the situation and won't demand PCC considering the situation or in case i don't provide the letter I'll have chance of refusal and removal

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
As an absolute minimum, you will need to show you have made every effort to acquire the necessary pcc. Just saying you can’t get one won’t be sufficient. You’ll need to have proof (documentation) that you are unable to supply what they have requested. Will they reject your claim, difficult to say, but if you have exhausted every possibility, I wouldn’t think they would. They will likely do there own checks as well.

Hussain262626

Dec 23, 2017
As an absolute minimum, you will need to show you have made every effort to acquire the necessary pcc. Just saying you can’t get one won’t be sufficient. You’ll need to have proof (documentation) that you are unable to supply what they have requested. Will they reject your claim, difficult to say, but if you have exhausted every possibility, I wouldn’t think they would. They will likely do there own checks as well.
I have come across with couple of peoples who got their positive decision but they didn't asked to submit the certificate, if they do their own security checks do you think financial issues could also be a question mark or they only check serious crimes which could be a security threat to the country.. please advise

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It would depend on how the charges relate to canadian law. And if the charges (depending on the nature of the crime) were issued before you claimed, it could be viewed that you are using the refugee claim to avoid valid prosecution. That might be an issue for your claim. I would be consulting with a reputable lawyer to get a clearer understanding.

Hussain262626

Dec 23, 2017
It would depend on how the charges relate to canadian law. And if the charges (depending on the nature of the crime) were issued before you claimed, it could be viewed that you are using the refugee claim to avoid valid prosecution. That might be an issue for your claim. I would be consulting with a reputable lawyer to get a clearer understanding.
Thank so much for your help
I would add one thing more here, i left Dubai in Dec 2016 when everything was fine, then i came to my home country and that incident happened, all these things took around 5 to 6 months meanwhile they filed the case due to non payment and i was then not able to go to Dubai cuz after six months if you are outside UAE consistently you can't travel on the same visa, you need to apply the new visa, also my last company didn't cancel my employement visa so i can't apply the new one until the previous visa is active not cancelled

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hi everyone

Thank you
What about your hearing date? was that cancelled or not?