+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need Medical Exam for Visitor Extention?

AKamz

Jan 12, 2018
hi, i am in the same situation for my mom’s visitor extension, it was approved but requires medical, however she had also another medical request for pr and we did the pr medical instead. Can that be used to comply the visitor extension medical request? How should I send them the emedical form and let them know there was a medical done for pr?i dont want them to cancel her visitor extension because they did not receive the visitor medical and we dont want to pay for two medicals if one is enough...
Hello,
Did you get a reply for this?

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hello,
Did you get a reply for this?
My mom did not do the supervisa medical, we sent in the web enquiry the pr medical proof and they replied that they will forward it to the processing office, though i did not see online that they ever received it.

dmaulesh07

Aug 15, 2019
HI, My wife just got her Spouse open work permit, she was here with me in canada on visitor status from last 6 months, CIC approved her application without asking for medical exam and she got work permit as well. After, she applied for TRV to stamp work visa on her passport and that one is also approved without asking medical exam. Is it normal because she already spend more then 6 months (implied status) and then got her work permit? or will it create any problem in future to go and come back to canada? Please suggest if anybody knows anything

Sujal Shah

May 12, 2023
I have a similar question. My mother got the approval with a condition to get the medical but now she is leaving in 2 weeks (but after the deadline) can we complete the medical after going to home country?

Rougui

May 16, 2023
Hello everyone,

my mum applied for visitor extension and she was approved with a request to do her medical examination. The only thing is she left the country before being approved. Does She need to do her medical still or no need to do it since she has left the country. Thanks

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

my mum applied for visitor extension and she was approved with a request to do her medical examination. The only thing is she left the country before being approved. Does She need to do her medical still or no need to do it since she has left the country. Thanks
What do you mean approved with a medical request?

If she is not inside canada then better to get a medical before traveling

Rougui

May 16, 2023
What do you mean approved with a medical request?

If she is not inside canada then better to get a medical before traveling
Sorry for the confusion. My mom was in Canada when we asked for the extension but she left before we got an answer. So after she went back to my country she then was approved for the extension to stay more in Canada. So I received the approval letter in the mail but she also received a request to do her medical exam. So my question was to know if doing the medical is necessary as she has gone back home and the extension won’t allow her to come back to Canada anyways.

wow777

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Hi Guys,
Please guide me here. My parents are here in Canada since quite some time now on visitor's visa. We recently got their medical done at the end of March this year as a part of visa extension process, their extension got approved even before submitting the medical. However we did our due diligence, since this was asked from us.

Their PR application was also in process in parallel, and today we got another request for medical for their PR application. As mentioned above, they are still here in Canada on visitor's visa. Do we need to go through another medical exam for this PR application or can we submit their IME numbers from their extension application from March this year?