+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need Medical Exam for Visitor Extention?

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mother is in Canada with a visitor visa now and applied for a 1-year visitor extension in August. Yesterday, she got an online message to request Medical Report. However, today, she got another online message to say her application has been approved and her visitor record has been mailed to her. :eek:

Since her application has been approved, does she still have to do Medical Exam now?

Thanks a lot!

AG15

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
lhyyym said:
My mother is in Canada with a visitor visa now and applied for a 1-year visitor extension in August. Yesterday, she got an online message to request Medical Report. However, today, she got another online message to say her application has been approved and her visitor record has been mailed to her. :eek:

Since her application has been approved, does she still have to do Medical Exam now?

Thanks a lot!
If you want to stay more than six months then you need to go for medical. Now if its approved then no need to do it at this time.

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
Hello lhyyym

what reason and documents you submitted with extension application? i am in same situation and want to apply extension for my mother.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

lhyyym said:

Thanks a lot!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lhyyym said:

Yes, she must still undergo the medical. If she doesn't complete it, the extension will be cancelled.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, she must still undergo the medical. If she doesn't complete it, the extension will be cancelled.
Really? But her application has been closed and the visitor record has been mailed to us. How could CIC cancel her visitor extension after she already got the visitor record?

Reactions: Bam0130

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chau01 said:
Hello lhyyym

what reason and documents you submitted with extension application? i am in same situation and want to apply extension for my mother.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
My mother will help us take care of our newborn baby. I guess the financial support is the most important.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lhyyym said:
Really? But her application has been closed and the visitor record has been mailed to us. How could CIC cancel her visitor extension after she already got the visitor record?
This is a common situation. The visitor record will state under the observations section that she must complete the medical.

ruff6708

Jul 24, 2016
The medical was requested - but my mother has complete health insurance under a large U.S. carrier, is there any way to use this to bypass the medical requirements? Thanks!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ruff6708 said:
The medical was requested - but my mother has complete health insurance under a large U.S. carrier, is there any way to use this to bypass the medical requirements? Thanks!!
The medical can't be bypassed. It doesn't matter if she has insurance.

Cheewars

Feb 21, 2015
Hi lhyyym im in the same situation s yours, what steps did you do? Also i read soemthing too from the thread just forgot exactly the topic but same situation as ours and in still trying to look for that thread so i can ask, as per conversation, she went ro medical but doctor dont know how to submit the medical report cuz case closed already, i dont know now what to do kneo medical is pricey too and if its not needed no use of undergoing one. Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Cheewars said:
Hi lhyyym im in the same situation s yours, what steps did you do? Also i read soemthing too from the thread just forgot exactly the topic but same situation as ours and in still trying to look for that thread so i can ask, as per conversation, she went ro medical but doctor dont know how to submit the medical report cuz case closed already, i dont know now what to do kneo medical is pricey too and if its not needed no use of undergoing one. Thanks
As already stated, the medical must be done or the extension will be cancelled.

Cheewars

Feb 21, 2015
Hi, u seemed to be very knowledgeable with trv app wondering if u can help me, my parents applied for extension then received medical request then approval the next day but still we need to do medical,my question now my mom have problems had stroke 3 years ago so she can really move her hand and slowly walking with walker or wheelchair she also have hypertension and diabetic with insulin but she get checked from home country and realeased by her doctor and have with her maintenance, are we looking for the fail medical exam? And approved extension for cancellation u think? Thank u so much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Cheewars said:
Hi, u seemed to be very knowledgeable with trv app wondering if u can help me, my parents applied for extension then received medical request then approval the next day but still we need to do medical,my question now my mom have problems had stroke 3 years ago so she can really move her hand and slowly walking with walker or wheelchair she also have hypertension and diabetic with insulin but she get checked from home country and realeased by her doctor and have with her maintenance, are we looking for the fail medical exam? And approved extension for cancellation u think? Thank u so much
No one here can say whether a person will pass or fail a medical.

arpit0718

Jan 10, 2015
Hi ,So did you get her medical done or no?I am in same situation .

Reactions: Bam0130

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi ,So did you get her medical done or no?I am in same situation .
hi, i am in the same situation for my mom’s visitor extension, it was approved but requires medical, however she had also another medical request for pr and we did the pr medical instead. Can that be used to comply the visitor extension medical request? How should I send them the emedical form and let them know there was a medical done for pr?i dont want them to cancel her visitor extension because they did not receive the visitor medical and we dont want to pay for two medicals if one is enough...