+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we have to enter Canada before 4/30?

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
The 2021 spring term is my first term studying in canada and the last day with lecutres of this academic term is 07-Apr (i assume all tests done by the end of apr anyway).
There will be no courses registered in the summer term, which means i gotta nothing to do in the following 4 months, May, June, July and August.
So I am thinking if I should attend the full online courses in my home country for the spring term and enter canada like in august, 2021? today i still have a full job in my home country.
i dont know whether it would break the law if i take online lectures in the night and keep my full time job in the daytime.

Shayshay_127

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
The 2021 spring term is my first term studying in canada and the last day with lecutres of this academic term is 07-Apr (i assume all tests done by the end of apr anyway).
There will be no courses registered in the summer term, which means i gotta nothing to do in the following 4 months, May, June, July and August.
So I am thinking if I should attend the full online courses in my home country for the spring term and enter canada like in august, 2021? today i still have a full job in my home country.
i dont know whether it would break the law if i take online lectures in the night and keep my full time job in the daytime.
you could work full time during those months tho
but I would say yea, you should probably be in Canada by April 30.

Shayshay_127

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
thanks. but may i ask why we are supposed to be in canada by april 30?
"Students may now study online from abroad until April 30, 2021, with no time deducted from the length of a future post-graduation work permit, provided 50% of their program of study is eventually completed in Canada."

they might extend the deadline, but right now it is that

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
"Students may now study online from abroad until April 30, 2021, with no time deducted from the length of a future post-graduation work permit, provided 50% of their program of study is eventually completed in Canada."

they might extend the deadline, but right now it is that
but the first term (spring term) will be fully done before apr-30. and normally we dont have any lectures in the summer term (at least in my case), which means no online courses outside of canada will be taken during the summer term even we stay outside of canada.
that's my personal understanding. i dont know if i understood that correctly. thanks to correct me.

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
Did you mean to say Winter 2021 term? Spring term is normally around May....

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
That means in your case May to August is considered a "scheduled break". You are not studying during that period meaning that it doesn't matter if you're in Canada or not.