+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do The USA Interview Offices Have All Original Application Documents?

Oi

Jan 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/07/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
02/11/2013 + Renewed after 1 year by CIC
Interview........
06/08/2014
Hello everyone,

Under a month ago my spouse and I received a letter requesting that we go to LA to attend an interview for his sponsorship. I'm his common-law spouse, a dual-citizen between the USA (where we currently reside) and Canada, and he is a citizen of the USA.

We're putting together another binder of proof of our relationship/intimacy from the date that we sent in our application until now, and I plan to send in a photo order to our local shop tomorrow to pick up then or the next day.

Considering this, my question is pretty much what the title details. In anyone else's experience, does the office that interviews you have ALL of the application when they say that they have your application? Specifically, proof of your relationship, testimonial letters from friends, and photos? We sent them about 675 photos, so I'm wondering if I should reprint all of those on top of the ones we've taken from after the application was sent until now. That, and I'm wondering if I should reprint chat logs/etc.. from years ago, or only provide logs from when we sent the application until now.

Scrambling to put this together by the 4th, when we fly...

Thank you very much for your help!

Oi

Jan 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/07/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
02/11/2013 + Renewed after 1 year by CIC
Interview........
06/08/2014
Sorry to bump this so soon. No one has any input on this?

In the letter we received, it states, "All of the forms, certificates, and photocopies of documents that you have already submitted are contained on a file created under your name transferred to Los Angeles. We now request additional documentation to assist in taking final decision concerning your application, including seeing the originals of the documents that you may have already submitted in photocopied format."

We're obviously going to be bring in original birth certificates, SIN cards (just in case), passports, etc., but I'm not sure if the forms/certificates/photocopies that they mentioned having transferred to the interview office include the photos...

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Oi said:
Sorry to bump this so soon. No one has any input on this?

In the letter we received, it states, "All of the forms, certificates, and photocopies of documents that you have already submitted are contained on a file created under your name transferred to Los Angeles. We now request additional documentation to assist in taking final decision concerning your application, including seeing the originals of the documents that you may have already submitted in photocopied format."

We're obviously going to be bring in original birth certificates, SIN cards (just in case), passports, etc., but I'm not sure if the forms/certificates/photocopies that they mentioned having transferred to the interview office include the photos...
Take the original documents that you sent photocopies of, which would be like the birth certificate, pasports and such. You don't need the SIN cards, but it won't hurt to have them handy. I would indeed make sure I took ALL the proof I could find. If that means getting copies of the same things I sent them origianlly, I would do that, as it sounds like they MIGHT only have a digital copy of your files/forms and not a hard copy which would include all your proofs. Take everything you can put your hands on to prove your common law status, if that is what the interview is for, add anything that you have obtained SINCE you filed your application.

Best of luck to you.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Oi said:
Hello everyone,

Under a month ago my spouse and I received a letter requesting that we go to LA to attend an interview for his sponsorship. I'm his common-law spouse, a dual-citizen between the USA (where we currently reside) and Canada, and he is a citizen of the USA.

We're putting together another binder of proof of our relationship/intimacy from the date that we sent in our application until now, and I plan to send in a photo order to our local shop tomorrow to pick up then or the next day.

Considering this, my question is pretty much what the title details. In anyone else's experience, does the office that interviews you have ALL of the application when they say that they have your application? Specifically, proof of your relationship, testimonial letters from friends, and photos? We sent them about 675 photos, so I'm wondering if I should reprint all of those on top of the ones we've taken from after the application was sent until now. That, and I'm wondering if I should reprint chat logs/etc.. from years ago, or only provide logs from when we sent the application until now.

Scrambling to put this together by the 4th, when we fly...

Thank you very much for your help!
675 photos??? This is way too much. I only had 15 pictures for a 12 months relationship